Cabin Type Recommendation Needed

I am looking for a two week trip on the NORWEGIAN STAR and am looking for a recommendation on the room type.  There are only two of us traveling so not sure if the family room or general room would be better.  Thanks for your help.  Here are my options:

2-Bedroom Deluxe Family Suite with Balcony

Penthouse w Balcony

Forward-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony

Aft- Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony

Forward-Facing Deluxe Penthouse with Large Balcony

There is also a Deluxe Owner’s Suite but from the photos looks like there is no balcony.

9 hours ago, texascane said:

There is also a Deluxe Owner’s Suite but from the photos looks like there is no balcony.

We have enjoyed either 10506, or 10006.  Not only is there a forward facing balcony, there is also a side facing balcony.  Both are nicely sized, and furnished for different activities.

Depending on what we were planning, one balcony (or both) served us nicely.

We invited some fellow cruisers to visit for drinks after returning from an excursion once.  Aside from the two of us, there were 4 other couples, and a few singles on the front balcony (while we were still in port.  (Very windy once the ship got moving!)

I'd agree with GG.  The OS on 10 are very nice with two balconies, huge bedroom, huge bathroom, dining nook, powder room.

Depending where you are sailing, the DOS on 12 are very nice.  Right, no balcony.  Two configs.  The inner sleep six with tiny living room.  Outer huge everything with wing over side.  Public outside deck one floor up.  Pool down the hall.

• Like 1

Thanks all - I see the cabin type on the website for the deluxe 2 balcony but it is already sold out for my sailing date.  The owners suite is 12000 and the floor plan shows the big windows in the room - but no balcony/

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  Just to circle back I changed from a 14 day sailing to a 12 day one.  I lose 1 port and 1 day at sea but had a better room option.  Went with the 3 bedroom garden villa.  Hopefully it is a good time.

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Hopefully you didn't shorten your holiday by two days just to obtain a better room option.

The deeding factor was days at sea.  I'm not good being trapped and 5 days without land had me nervous.  So very similar itinerary just with less stress.

14 hours ago, texascane said:

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  Just to circle back I changed from a 14 day sailing to a 12 day one.  I lose 1 port and 1 day at sea but had a better room option.  Went with the 3 bedroom garden villa.  Hopefully it is a good time.

We had the 3br villa on the Star for our Spain trip a little while back (14500). Won it as a last minute upgrade bid, and it was just the 2 of us in the villa. It was amazing. One of the few rooms on an NCL ship that has a microwave. So go ahead and let the butler bring your leftover pizza from La Cucina back to the room for you and you can heat it back up late at night.

Pro tip: When you get to the cabin, just double check all the exterior doors to make sure they're locked. While they're cleaning and turning it over for new guests the doors are sometimes left unlocked. Every time we've had the villa we've found random strangers wandering around in the sundeck area because they got in from the next door public space through an unlocked door. Even though it says "Villa guests only" people were "curious" and got nasty and rude with me when I told them it was a private room and they had to leave.

In the outdoor picture with the dining room table, that door straight ahead with the small round window - that's the one to check. It leads to the basketball court and should be locked....

image.thumb.png.60780486b71c12098f6c9a2648604685.png

image.thumb.png.cdc2ecf4fee4b701d4b062cb887c088c.png

image.thumb.png.a485c191a6558213698c60b71f7de43b.png

image.thumb.png.8961f5b51b7c40884af1c011e471b11b.png

8 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

We had the 3br villa on the Star for our Spain trip a little while back (14500). Won it as a last minute upgrade bid, and it was just the 2 of us in the villa. It was amazing. One of the few rooms on an NCL ship that has a microwave. So go ahead and let the butler bring your leftover pizza from La Cucina back to the room for you and you can heat it back up late at night.

Pro tip: When you get to the cabin, just double check all the exterior doors to make sure they're locked. While they're cleaning and turning it over for new guests the doors are sometimes left unlocked. Every time we've had the villa we've found random strangers wandering around in the sundeck area because they got in from the next door public space through an unlocked door. Even though it says "Villa guests only" people were "curious" and got nasty and rude with me when I told them it was a private room and they had to leave.

In the outdoor picture with the dining room table, that door straight ahead with the small round window - that's the one to check. It leads to the basketball court and should be locked....

Thanks for the tips