Is laundry included?

2SailingNomads

I see all the "all inclusive" marketing propaganda of Silversea but I have not seen any reference to included laundry, unlike on Regent where it is.  I can and will unpack my luggage but do not want to visit a laundry room, am I missing something?

There is a lot of reference to laundry. Silver suites or above get free laundry.

then if you look at their loyalty program you will see that after 100 days you get free laundry. No where in the inclusions listed do you see free laundry so why would it be included?

• Like 2

On 1/30/2024 at 10:56 PM, drron29 said:

There is a lot of reference to laundry. Silver suites or above get free laundry.

then if you look at their loyalty program you will see that after 100 days you get free laundry. No where in the inclusions listed do you see free laundry so why would it be included?

I thought it was Medallion and above.  Did they drop the Medallion suites out?  We cruised a couple of times in the Medallions on the Wind and got “free” laundry and that was before we got our hundred days status.   

20 hours ago, seaver said:

If your TA can get you VIP status, you will get free laundry. 

Anybody know what VIP status costs a TA? Several people here have mentioned getting it but I can’t find any mention of it on the Silversea site.  I assume that a TA can “bestow” for a price.  

7 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

I thought it was Medallion and above.  Did they drop the Medallion suites out?  We cruised a couple of times in the Medallions on the Wind and got “free” laundry and that was before we got our hundred days status.   

You are right. since 2018 we have only cruised Muse class and they don't have Medallions.

23 minutes ago, Jonas Grumby said:

Check and see if there are free laundry facilities on board, where you can do your own laundry. When we were on Silver Spirit (pre-stretch), every other deck had a laundry room.

Yes all have laundries that are free to use.

I wish they did have free laundry, as my husband is able to fill a laundry bad overnight. Regent graciously offers this perq, and it is one that I appreciate, although I still wash my own since I use a delicate cycle and don't dry most of my clothes. But for they the dirty clothes maker, free laundry would be a great benefit. And having a facility on every floor is also nice. On our last cruise, I got my steps in schlepping up and down the stairs waiting for free machines and for ours to finish.

3 hours ago, drron29 said:

You are right. since 2018 we have only cruised Muse class and they don't have Medallions.

Great!  I think they brought the Medallion level suites back in the Nova class….in fact a couple of Medallion levels.   For us the our opinion of Nova class ships is on hold.  We were booked on the Nova for this coming April but work and a couple of major/significant surgeries have caused us to move to the Moon next year. 

20 hours ago, Jonas Grumby said:

Check and see if there are free laundry facilities on board, where you can do your own laundry. When we were on Silver Spirit (pre-stretch), every other deck had a laundry room.

19 hours ago, drron29 said:

Yes all have laundries that are free to use.

The OP particularly mentioned that he/she did not want to use a laundry room.

On 2/2/2024 at 1:44 AM, cotto22 said:

I wish they did have free laundry, as my husband is able to fill a laundry bad overnight. Regent graciously offers this perq, and it is one that I appreciate, although I still wash my own since I use a delicate cycle and don't dry most of my clothes. But for they the dirty clothes maker, free laundry would be a great benefit. And having a facility on every floor is also nice. On our last cruise, I got my steps in schlepping up and down the stairs waiting for free machines and for ours to finish.

All floors have a laundry room.if you find your room is being used, the top floors are suites with free laundry (so don’t use) and you will find they tend to be unoccupied.

No changes to use them (including detergent.

in the past, I tended to have enough clothes with me to not need to laundry, (first cruise aside). Now I make use of our included free laundry and bag nearly every day.  Washing left out before 8am will be returned to you by 6pm. It’s great going home with all your clothing washed!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, les37b said:

All floors have a laundry room.if you find your room is being used, the top floors are suites with free laundry (so don’t use) and you will find they tend to be unoccupied.

in the past, I tended to have enough clothes with me to not need to laundry, (first cruise aside). Now I make use of our included free laundry and bag nearly every day.  Washing left out before 8am will be returned to you by 6pm. It’s great going home with all your clothing washed!

We were on an Expedition ship, so there was not a laundry on our floor,

14 hours ago, les37b said:

Great to know when doing a 16 night cruise or more

We got over the 100 day threshold on our last cruise hence Free Laundry.  It is so worth it.  My underwear even came back folded with tissue between pairs. 

I think every ship has a do it yourself washer/dryer.  You can locate them by looking at the ships deck plan.  A tip, we reached the 100 day level while on the South American Grand voyage.  The gave us the 100 day perk, even though we didn't hit 100 days until a couple of a weeks into the cruise.