the beach dinner is on Friday, April 5 - 2nd night at Bora Bora

The watersports platform should be open:

Saturday, March 30 - Fakarava
Sunday, March 31 - Rangiroa
Thursday, April 4 - Bora Bora
Friday, April 5 - Bora Bora
Saturday April 6 - Huahine
Sunday, April 7 - Moorea

Indeed we are on the same sailing. How did you find out??

If you look on the Windstar website, and look at excursions, you will notice that there are no afternoon excursions on April 2, and the watersports platform is not open when at Motu Mahaea and the beach lunch is on a Motu.  Also, there are no evening excurions on April 5 on Bora Bora, as this would conflict with the beach dinner.   Also, from what I understand, the beach dinner is always on the 2nd night of the Bora Bora visit.

If you search the Windstar website for your cruise (as if you were going to purchase it), and click on itinerary and excursions, they list each island stop and there is a column indicating if the watersports platform is open.  

https://www.windstarcruises.com/cruise/shore-excursions/tahiti/papeete-to-papeete/tahiti-the-tuamotu-islands/?pkgid=318754

See you soon......

Just home from the Breeze last week.  The dinner on the Motu in Bora Bora is a wonderful event.  For us it was on the first night.  They had the Motu to use as a beach day from 10-4 on the second day (marine platform was closed that day).

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Just home from the Breeze last week.  The dinner on the Motu in Bora Bora is a wonderful event.  For us it was on the first night.  They had the Motu to use as a beach day from 10-4 on the second day (marine platform was closed that day).

We are doing the 11 day sailing.  Which sailing did you do?  Also did you do any of the ships shore excursions, or private ones??

2 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

We are doing the 11 day sailing.  Which sailing did you do?  Also did you do any of the ships shore excursions, or private ones??

It was the 15 night Auckland to Tahiti sailing.  We did 2 excursions on Bora Bora which we liked.

Bora Bora 4x4

Deluxe Lagoon Tour  (Bayliner boats with 8 people each)

On 2/9/2024 at 1:07 PM, wrk2cruise said:

It was the 15 night Auckland to Tahiti sailing.  We did 2 excursions on Bora Bora which we liked.

Bora Bora 4x4

Deluxe Lagoon Tour  (Bayliner boats with 8 people each)

We are on the Tahiti to Auckland cruise in January 2025. Could you tell me a little bit more about this particular cruise? It's a lot of sea days for husband so I'm wondering what makes it special to have those 8 sea days. Thanks!

We have done many Celebrity sailings and love sea days.  This sailing had 2 stretches of 3 days at sea and another single sea day.  For some reason we did get tired of sea days.

We chose this sailing for 2 reasons.  1) never been to South Pacific and 2) did Auckland to Sydney cruise before but didn't do anything north of Auckland.  We spent about a week prior to the sailing touring North of Auckland with 3 days in Bay of Islands.  We also figured it would be easier to get a flight to Auckland vs Fiji.

As far as the sailing we were pretty disappointed with the port stops in Fiji but did enjoy Cook Islands, Bora Bora and Moorea as they met our expectations of South Pacific islands.

55 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

We have done many Celebrity sailings and love sea days.  This sailing had 2 stretches of 3 days at sea and another single sea day.  For some reason we did get tired of sea days.

We chose this sailing for 2 reasons.  1) never been to South Pacific and 2) did Auckland to Sydney cruise before but didn't do anything north of Auckland.  We spent about a week prior to the sailing touring North of Auckland with 3 days in Bay of Islands.  We also figured it would be easier to get a flight to Auckland vs Fiji.

As far as the sailing we were pretty disappointed with the port stops in Fiji but did enjoy Cook Islands, Bora Bora and Moorea as they met our expectations of South Pacific islands.

Thank you! It's so nice to chat with someone that's done this particular cruise, especially since it hasn't run before. May I ask what you were disappointed in with the Fiji stops? Weather? Not enough time? Not as beautiful as other stops? This cruise is pretty spendy so I'm trying to decide if it's worth the money or I should book something else. We are actually on an Azamara cruise Auckland to Auckland following this cruise and thought it would be fun to add the South Pacific since it's such a long haul to get there.

In Fiji there was little or nothing offered for shore excursions.  Nothing that appealed to us so we did what we like to do in port, just walk around and people watch and get a feel for local life.  The people we ran into were nice enough but it just wasn't attractive or well cared for.  Not sure what I expected but I guess it was more a South Pacific lush green environment.  Just didn't live up to my limited expectations.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 11:26 AM, yeah!!! said:

If you look on the Windstar website, and look at excursions, you will notice that there are no afternoon excursions on April 2, and the watersports platform is not open when at Motu Mahaea and the beach lunch is on a Motu.  Also, there are no evening excurions on April 5 on Bora Bora, as this would conflict with the beach dinner.   Also, from what I understand, the beach dinner is always on the 2nd night of the Bora Bora visit.

I'm curious what time they say you're leaving Bora Bora on teh second day?  To me, it seems kinda weird that the beach dinner would be on the second night of Bora Bora, because they ship seems to leave pretty early that day comparatively speaking.

I've been trying to figure this out for the Tahiti and Marquesas cruise on July 4th this year, and it's not making much sense to me (and calling Windstar didn't really answer any questions about it).  On our trip, Motu Mahaea is one day, the next day is the first bora bora day.  To me it makes more sense that the dinner in Bora Bora would be that first night since the ship is there overnight, and I think we leave at like 6pm from bora bora the second night?  But that would also imply that the beach day and then dinner were on back to back nights.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, piper28 said:

I'm curious what time they say you're leaving Bora Bora on teh second day? 

Our itinerary is showing a 9:00 pm departure from Bora Bora.  

All excursions on the second day are scheduled for the morning, with the exception of one scuba dive, that is 2 hours long and is scheduled for 2:00 pm.

Edited by yeah!!!
added excursion info

Just double checked and indeed our departure time on the second day is listed as 6pm, so I'm still inclined to think on our cruise it'll be the first day, even if it's the day after motu mahaea.  Weird thing is I know at one point there was language in the windstar excursions saying things like "this tour will not interfere with your motu day" and things like that, none of which appears on anything anymore.