Missing Bar Tab

DT1304

Hi all,

I recently purchased $100 bar tab for my upcoming voyage. It showed on the app in my add ons for about 3 minutes after I bout it, and then it vanished.

It has now come off my credit card, but I have no email confirmation or any confirmation on the app that I have purchased this bar tab? Any ideas?

Follow up: I called Virgin Voyages about this.

Apparently my Bar tab was refunded for some weird reason. Apparently I should see the refund in my card in the next 5-7 days. 

No idea why it was refunded but I will rebuy it after I get the refund 

Exactly as above--if you purchase a $300 bar tab, there is a bonus added.  If you purchase $100, normally there is no bonus.  SO, if that's all the bar tab you want, don't buy it.  Once purchased, a bar tab is a "use it or lose it."  If you travel without a bar tab, any drinks you buy will be charged to loot first (if you have any) and then to your "folio" which becomes a credit card charge when the cruise ends.

THe advantage is that you'll be charged exactly what you spend (and remember that on VV, the posted drink price already includes the gratuity).  If you buy a $100 tab and only drink $90, you are still paying the $100.

5 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

If you don't get any bonus for buying a $100 bar tab, you might as well just let things be.

All of your bar charges will be charged to your credit card on file.

You get a $10 bonus on $100. They added the ability to buy $100 and $200 late last year in addition to the previous $300 block.

Its now

$10 bonus on $100

$25 bonus on $200

$50 bonus on $300

unless you have loyalty status which gets you $100 or $125 on $300.

Edited by jon81uk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

They added the ability to buy $100 and $200 late last year in addition to the previous $300 block.

Thanks for the updated info.

With DBE, MNVV, and extras loot from our TA, we've never needed to buy a tab.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue on a cruise in late January.  Went to sailor services and they were no help.  At only 100, didn't really matter, but I'm going to try again on our cruise in a couple of weeks.

35 minutes ago, tnbigal said:

I had the same issue on a cruise in late January.  Went to sailor services and they were no help.  At only 100, didn't really matter, but I'm going to try again on our cruise in a couple of weeks.

The bar tab stuff is handled by shoreside and must be completed prior to the cruise.  If you think something is missing, contact your First Mate or Shoreside Sailor Services prior to the cruise to attempt to fix things!

• Like 1

This is a reminder to bring written confirmation of your invoice with all perks, bar tabs, sailor loot, etc. documented and bring it to the ship with you. If you used a TA, they can run it for you. Every now and then things fall off bookings for mysterious reasons. Having paper to show what you are entitled to, helps Sailor Serices resolve it.

4 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

This is a reminder to bring written confirmation of your invoice with all perks, bar tabs, sailor loot, etc. documented and bring it to the ship with you. If you used a TA, they can run it for you. Every now and then things fall off bookings for mysterious reasons. Having paper to show what you are entitled to, helps Sailor Serices resolve it.

Thanks. I got it sorted out. They just refunded it for no reason, so as soon as the refund hit my credit card, i repurchased it, and now it shows up in my add ons.

It was just a glitch

• Like 2