Brightline from Central Florida to Port Everglades

mskitty1

We took it from Palm Beach to Ft. Lauderdale when our flight was cancelled because of the flooded airport, April 2023.  Clean and comfortable.  You pay for your luggage to be stored.  Bought a regular seat and it was fine.  They sell water on board.

• Like 1

Note that I love trains and was excited to get to try Brightline. I took the premium service from MCO/Orlando to the Fort Lauderdale station. There is a special lounge at the station from premium ticket holders with free beverages and snacks (thought the regular waiting area was very nice with a snack shop and a bar. The premium service on the train had very comfortable seats. After departure a cold towel was offered, followed by complementary beverages and snacks and then a light lunch of sandwich, salad, fruit and a sweet (similar items for purchase in the regular coaches. Electrical outlets and usb ports at the seat and on board internet. The premium fare also included one free checked bag and a complimentary uber (up to a few miles) from the Fort Lauderdale station to my hotel. I loved the experience and would do again. Premium was very nice, but probably not a necessity. Far better than driving. 

• Like 2

I took it from MCO to Ft. Lauderdale last December. I'd highly recommend it, and premium isn't necessary. Seats were comfortable, ride was smooth, and grabbing an Uber to the port was easy. After my cruise, I just took a cab to the station (~$16 + tip) because Uber was running over $30.

You can carry on bags up to 28", so no need to check. They ripped a zipper pull off my bag that I checked on the way to Ft. Lauderdale. I'll just keep luggage with me in the future. (Yes, I know airlines do that too, but it was still a bummer.)

• Like 1

My 80+ year old mother took it from Pompano Beach/Boca Raton to MCO yesterday and is returning to SoFlo over the weekend. Se reported the train is comfortable and efficient. Staff was very helpful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seabreeze0389 said:

Hi.  Coming from Coastal GA to Ft Laud is it best to take Brightline from Orlando or West Palm to ease traffic anxiety! Thanks. 

Orlando will be out of your way, but traffic on I-95 starts getting hairy south of Vero Beach (which is north of WPB), IMO, so I might make the detour to avoid it.

29 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Orlando will be out of your way, but traffic on I-95 starts getting hairy south of Vero Beach (which is north of WPB), IMO, so I might make the detour to avoid it.

Thanks.  That is what I am thinking; make the slight detour.  The drive is just too much for my nerves these days.  We have been making that drive at least 4 times a year and traffic has gotten so bad on I-95.  It is about 4.5 hours to MCO and 6.5 to West Palm.  

Traffic on I-95 in south Florida has become noticeably worse in the past two years. Many more lunatic drivers, more trucks, junk in the road, etc.

One thing that has improved is that the express toll lanes now come up to Delray / Boca, about exit 52 (miles from Miami). For a few bucks and SunPass / EZ Pass, you can sail along in somewhat less challenging lanes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 1:28 AM, john bowtie said:

Note that I love trains and was excited to get to try Brightline. I took the premium service from MCO/Orlando to the Fort Lauderdale station. There is a special lounge at the station from premium ticket holders with free beverages and snacks (thought the regular waiting area was very nice with a snack shop and a bar. The premium service on the train had very comfortable seats. After departure a cold towel was offered, followed by complementary beverages and snacks and then a light lunch of sandwich, salad, fruit and a sweet (similar items for purchase in the regular coaches. Electrical outlets and usb ports at the seat and on board internet. The premium fare also included one free checked bag and a complimentary uber (up to a few miles) from the Fort Lauderdale station to my hotel. I loved the experience and would do again. Premium was very nice, but probably not a necessity. Far better than driving. 

We did this in December.  4 adults and 2 kids.  We also did premium.  We loved it.  Would definitely do it again.

• Like 1