Disembarking mid-cruise

claudiaYVR

Can one disembark at a port that is not the disembarkation port and rejoin the cruise at the next port stop? If so, is this arranged with Princess head office or through onboard services? Any additional information would be appreciated. Thanks!

You must get an itinerary deviation from Princess. Which ports on which itinerary could matter. Sometimes ships miss ports, usually weather related. I've been on many cruises where this has happened.  

Edited by skynight

26 minutes ago, damiross said:

I don't understand why someone would pay over $100 per person per day and then not use the cabin, entertainment, food,, and other stuff paid for.  

Maybe they have family at that port, and it is cheaper than to try and schedule a separate trip.

8 hours ago, damiross said:

I don't understand why someone would pay over $100 per person per day and then not use the cabin, entertainment, food,, and other stuff paid for.  

It's really not our concern... All we can do is try and help them with whatever question they would like answered.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, damiross said:

Post #8 is a good answer, but try this on for size. 

In Fall 2022, we disembarked in Messina, Italy, (Sicily) rather than ride the ship back to Naples and finally  to Civitavecchia where we had a gap of three or four days until our next voyage on another ship.  We spent five days touring around Sicily, which is not all that easy to get to and would require another overseas trip or a deviation from a land trip we might do another time.  Sure, we didn't use the final night on the ship, but we saved a bundle on travel costs.  Even if we flew down from Civi (Rome airport) after the cruise, not only would two extra one-way airfares be required, but we would have had insufficient time in Sicily.  At the end we flew from Catania back to Rome and then out to Civi for out next voyage.  We were still in Civi the night before the cruise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, damiross said:

Because some things are simply more important / personal / fulfilling to some people than mere dollars.