Anthem Deck 6 Port Aft Noisy?

Did a balcony guarantee on Anthem and received a cabin (6292) on the port side.  This cabin appears to be over kitchens for 270 and Jamie's.  Anyone have any experience in these aft cabins on Deck 6?

59 minutes ago, oddly excitered said:

check cheapo dads trip report, he was on odyssey but same area on similar ship, he loves questions.

Hmm.. little did I know I'd have to read through a dozen pages and some 300 posts to get to their cabin.  Sorry, but I gave up.  Thanks though!

• Haha 1

If you just go to the end and ask the question he will answer, really entertaining writer and loves to interact. he would love to answer the question as his intent is to help educate those who are not familiar with the ship and he hasn't touched on that subject yet.

We were recently in 6254 (guaranteed balcony) on Anthem’s October TA. We found that room to be quiet. Being rather close to Cafe 270 was nice for breakfast. Yes, the balcony views are obstructed on deck 6, but the room was very nicely apportioned and its location on the ship was perfect. We felt that it was a lucky draw for a guaranteed room. I hope you have the same positive experience we had. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cruizin suzie said:

We were recently in 6254 (guaranteed balcony) on Anthem’s October TA. We found that room to be quiet. Being rather close to Cafe 270 was nice for breakfast. Yes, the balcony views are obstructed on deck 6, but the room was very nicely apportioned and its location on the ship was perfect. We felt that it was a lucky draw for a guaranteed room. I hope you have the same positive experience we had. 

Thank you so much for your comments.  We leave on Friday so I'll post an update when we return.

On 2/5/2024 at 3:23 PM, yogimax said:

Did a balcony guarantee on Anthem and received a cabin (6292) on the port side.  This cabin appears to be over kitchens for 270 and Jamie's.  Anyone have any experience in these aft cabins on Deck 6?

We were next door in 6290 last March. It has a slightly larger balcony with a life boat directly in front.

Location is good. All the way back is a fire door that accesses the library and stairs down into 270. We used that short cut a lot. Didn't notice much noise from below. The obstructed view didn't bother us at all. Would definitely book this cabin again.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HERDFAN said:

All the way back is a fire door that accesses the library and stairs down into 270. We used that short cut a lot. 

Can I assume opening the fire door doesn't set off any alarms?

Port side is good as the smoking bus stop is on the starboard side. I've used that door to the library/game room and it is convenient to go down for drinks and snacks in 270. If anyone in your party needs an elevator, there's a special small elevator near that door to go down to deck 5 and the Via. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 3:23 PM, yogimax said:

I have read all of the reponses, and here is my input.  

I once had 6310, the last cabin aft on that hallway.  HORRIBLE.  But YOUR cabin?  No problem.  I would book that in a heartbeat.  

Cafe 270 has rather restricted hours.  No problem there. And you are over it, not under it.  

And the "secret door" is now a very poorly kept secret.  A great back door onto the mezzanine level of Two70.  You come into the area next to the handicapped elevator and the library.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have read all of the reponses, and here is my input.  

I once had 6310, the last cabin aft on that hallway.  HORRIBLE.  But YOUR cabin?  No problem.  I would book that in a heartbeat.  

MM... thanks for the info.  Just curious, why do you say 6310 was HORRIBLE?

17 minutes ago, yogimax said:

MM... thanks for the info.  Just curious, why do you say 6310 was HORRIBLE?

It's the last cabin.  The one wall abuts the mezzanine of Two70.  Can we say LOUD MUSIC FOR MANY MANY HOURS EVERY DAY AND NIGHT?

And obstructed?  Even more than the lifeboat hanging in front of the balcony, the aforementioned wall encroaches A LOT on your view.

I only had this cabin because ONE TIME I decided to do a guarantee.  Never again.

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I only had this cabin because ONE TIME I decided to do a guarantee.  Never again.

The problem is that the guarantee is now so much cheaper than the "pick your own cabin" choice.  The danger, as you experienced, is getting a really crappy cabin.  

We had that cabin, #6292, on one of our cruises on Anthem and there is a service corridor directly under that cabin. There was some food cart noise very early in the morning and throughout the day as the corridor is between Jamie's Italian and Cafe Two70 kitchen/service areas with an elevator down to the MDR kitchens on deck 3 and 4. There is also a door from that corridor out to the promenade walkway and the crew would use that area for their break time so often they would be just below that balcony having conversations, sometimes in their native, not English language.

Edited by robtulipe