Current Celebrity Ascent Stateroom Disaster - No sleep 2 days so far

Porthole view verandas on Beyond have a door handle that clamps the door to the frame.  No matter how carefully you close it you get a loud bang.  But not that many of this style of veranda.

Just off Ascent. Room 10147 SS. A little bit of creaking, maybe a bang or two on the first night, and last two nights when we were back in the Atlantic. No problem at all. 

Absolutely adored Ascent and would be back on her tomorrow if we could. 

• Like 2

Years ago we were on RC in an oceanview for a TA and had a horrible loud yipping noise. We called the front desk and were blown off, the next night, same noise, we called again and said it sounds like a small dog and received the "ships make noise" kind of response. The third night the front desk called us around 2am to ask if WE had a dog in our cabin (because they were getting complaints)!!  We finally got action when my husband talked to one of the engineer type officers at a meet and greet. Turned out it was some kind of heavy sliding door moving back and forth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm currently on Ascent now as well. Awesome ship. No significant noises. In an SV. A bit of rocking earlier in the cruise so I got a bit concerned about noise at night (based on comments here). Luckily for us, no noise issues at night so far. Today is smoother sailing so far. Looking forward to a great day at sea to explore the ship more. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 1:22 PM, doghog said:

Another perfect example of why we don't let others opinions/experiences, positive or negative influence our decisions on what ships, etc. to book. 🙃  Liked the Apex and looking forward to our Edge cruise. 

Agree, if I listened to all the whining on CC, I would have been on 1 cruise.  The whining almost caused me to cancel a cruise, glad I did not.  I take everything on here with a grain of salt.

I've been on Beyond and Apex and had zero noise issues in the cabins I was in.

I'm not saying a huge ocean liner isn't going to make noise, just not my experience. 🥂

• Like 2

On 2/6/2024 at 11:43 AM, At Sea At Peace said:

Well, we're on the Ascent right now.  It is a seriously beautiful ship.  Our first Edge Class cruise.  So many improvements, upgrades, etc.  The best.  We'll write a review after.  It is AWESOME.

We're in Prime Aqua Class 9216, booked late.  Our favorite layout with bed by the balcony (I get the left 😉).  We had a little bit of seas last night and right next to my head between the infinite veranda (which we absolutely 100% love) and the corner over the nightstand was 'whatever'.  Woke us up hen kept us up for a quite a while I guess unit we got super tired. 

Ship is moving a bit today according to others, we've got 70+ weeks at sea and it seems mild.  The ship is super.  The veranda is creaking but not really an issue.  We'll see if the night time banging in the corner returns.  Don't want to go the GS and have maintenance and others in our stateroom so we'll just grin and bear it.  Should have bought the beverage package.  🙄

I have this cabin in March, please post how you are doing currently with the noise, thanks…

On 2/6/2024 at 10:17 AM, Kelownadon said:

Why does the author seem so reluctant to post the room number?

On 2/6/2024 at 12:09 PM, Kelownadon said:

And yet still no indication of the stateroom number that might help people to know what stateroom to stay away from. 

Wow!

Are going on the next sailing and need to change your room?  I know the room number was finally posted but the person is still on the ship.  Ever thought it's not the best idea to post your room number on the internet while on the ship?  The post wasn't about you. Let's take a moment to breathe.  

• Like 2

Just now, suemoon said:

I have this cabin in March, please post how you are doing currently with the noise, thanks…

It's been fine as the wind and waves have been significantly less since we made it Cozumel.  It appears the issue was the rough wind and water after we left Nassau back towards Miami and then along the Keys overnight and then on to Cozumel as such was hitting the ship starboard where we're located.  A lot of passengers didn't have a couple of very good days or nights from the rough seas (didn't bother us); much lower attendance in BLU and hallway and common area joking by those of us walking 'to and fro' once in a while.  So, I guess something does exist, just prevalent during rough wind and sea days, and directional.