Bringing Wine and Liquor On Board

I know this has been asked before, and I tried to search, but I’m on my phone and it won’t let me search this forum only (which I can do on my computer).

Is there a limit to the number of bottle of wine we can bring on board? And can we bring liquor on board? I have bought liquor to take home as a gift and am boarding ship next week. 

Officially it is 6 bottles but there are no “Bottle Police on board nor are they running a spreadsheet on the number of bottles of anything you have brought aboard. You can bring wine, spirits and beer. Most importantly, you can open bottles and drink in your room but you don’t need to “smuggle” glasses of your wine into restaurants. It is a REAL privilege to be able to take wine aboard and we would hate to see that change.  We just pay the $25 Corkage when we take a bottle to dinner. Also, if you do not finish one of your bottles, the Sommelier will put your Room number on it and put it away and bring it back to you in any restaurant upon request. We travel with friends and we stock a wine suitcase with a case of our good CA wines and then add to the stash as we test wines along the way. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

Most importantly, you can open bottles and drink in your room but you don’t need to “smuggle” glasses of your wine into restaurants

Did you mean to write the way you did after the "but"? Maybe like "you can't then smuggle etc."?  Not being snotty.

One other thing we've done a couple of times was to take the bottle of wine we ordered back to our cabin to have later or the next day. They didn't have a problem with that.

Definitely not trying to be snotty. Just trying to encourage people to play by the rules. It is easy to bend them and IMHO O is being quite generous allowing us to bring wines aboard. 
Appreciate your feedback 

Mauibabes

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Definitely not trying to be snotty. Just trying to encourage people to play by the rules. It is easy to bend them and IMHO O is being quite generous allowing us to bring wines aboard. 
Appreciate your feedback 

Mauibabes

Agreed. I was on a cruise last year where people took their own wine (by the glass) to trivia, dinner, etc all the time. May have been only one couple, not sure, but I’d hate to see Oceania take this privilege away like every other cruise line does. 

@Twocoasts

Absolutely on the Bourbon or anything else, and if on your trip you run out, just restock what you want in the next port of call or even a duty free store.  We were with friends a few years ago in the Caribbean and he saw a Great price on some Jack Daniels, forget the color but they were well over $100+ a bottle so he brought 4 back to the ship to take back home to Florida. 
Mauibabes

16 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Appreciate your feedback 

Mauibabes

Oh, I was saying that *I* wasn't being snotty towards you. Just thought that phrase could be tweaked. You're great.

• Like 1

@clo

👍😇🙏🍷🛳️

Love our O trips and all the great staff and guests. There are definitely enough “Critics” to go around on the Boards. It got drilled into me by my parents that if I did not have something nice to say I did not have to say anything at all.  I guess that is REALLY old school parental guidance 😇 I prefer to add something positive to any Board or Roll Call I post to because I think most guests are really looking for information related to an Oceania cruise experience. 
Mauibabes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Are you permitted to bring your alcohol drink that you got at Captain's Reception or Returnee's gathering to the dining room?  

• Like 2

Smokers take their drinks from the Captain's or Repeaters' Parties out to the smoking areas. And you can carry them around during the Captain's Party because that is at multiple locations on the ship where you can get free drinks.