Can I cancel and reorder wifi at current special price?

ozbrian

Hi, I paid for an internet package when I first booked our cruise but now there is a Valentines day special offered on My Cunard that is US$30 cheaper than what I paid.

Can I cancel the original and reorder at the special price?

14 hours ago, ozbrian said:

Can I cancel the original and reorder at the special price?

I'm afraid I don't know, but thank you for alerting me to that.

In my case it is saving me over US$70 on the price I expected to pay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newbie202020 said:

Too bad that I can't use my OBC to buy the wifi packpage on sale now. By the time I embark, the sale will be long over.

I know you've commented before that you want to use OBC. The likelihood is you will be paying US$24 per day, against US$12.96 per day on this offer.

Obviously it's your choice how you use your OBC, but you might get better value using it for something else.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, D&N said:

I know you've commented before that you want to use OBC. The likelihood is you will be paying US$24 per day, against US$12.96 per day on this offer.

Obviously it's your choice how you use your OBC, but you might get better value using it for something else.

Like the increased autograt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, newbie202020 said:

Thanks @D&N@exlondoner. I was lucky enough to get a huge OBC amount when I booked that it would cover my gratuities and other stuff. It's a waste that I can't spend it on this premium wifi sale, which is something I need.

Yes, annoying. If you drink wine, the only thing to do is to spend it on more expensive wines. 😀

• Haha 3

The other issue with this 28% discount on the internet packages going on now is that it doesn't apply to those of us with internet credits because we are Cunard World Club members at the gold level or above. We can't pre-purchase internet plans.

Since I'm at the diamond level, I'm still be ahead of the game applying my internet credit to the onboard price. But I can see how those at the gold level might end up paying more in the end. My math tells me the $45 gold level internet credit works out to be less than the 28% discount for seven days of the premium plan or nine days of the essential plan.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks all.

I'll give a definitive answer to my own question. YES.

I cancelled the US$210 internet package and re-ordered at US$180 Valentines Day special price without any issues. The credit went back to the card I used to purchase the original package.

It looks like this would have applied to some shore excursions as well, but the one we booked had been sold out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ozbrian said:

Thanks all.

I cancelled the US$210 internet package and re-ordered at US$180 Valentines Day special price without any issues. The credit went back to the card I used to purchase the original package.

It looks like this would have applied to some shore excursions as well, but the one we booked had been sold out.

Thanks for getting back to us. That $30 discount on your $210 internet package works out to about a 14% to15% discount compared to the 28% discount being offered in the US. Is that the discount on internet plans being advertised in Australia?

Now I'm not wanting to start a discussion about how US guests seem to get better deals. I'm just looking to clarify what the offer is in other countries.

How about those of you in the UK? What discount percentage is being advertised for you on internet plans in My Cunard?

10 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Thanks for getting back to us. That $30 discount on your $210 internet package works out to about a 14% to15% discount compared to the 28% discount being offered in the US. Is that the discount on internet plans being advertised in Australia?

Now I'm not wanting to start a discussion about how US guests seem to get better deals. I'm just looking to clarify what the offer is in other countries.

How about those of you in the UK? What discount percentage is being advertised for you on internet plans in My Cunard?

Under my Manage my Booking it says 28% - however it seems I can't prebook as a Gold so it looks like I will end up paying more despite my $45 discount - this seems weird and I'm not sure Cunard intended to devalue a loyalty perk.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 203948.png

14 minutes ago, Wagtail adventures said:

Under my Manage my Booking it says 28% - however it seems I can't prebook as a Gold so it looks like I will end up paying more despite my $45 discount - this seems weird and I'm not sure Cunard intended to devalue a loyalty perk.

We won't be Gold until 2026, so it doesn't apply yet.

Is it not allowing you to select an option on this screen?:

2024-02-07.thumb.png.f819a297aa52d58a42f3dc4149759d22.png

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

G'day,

The Valentine's Internet offer is being advertised in Australia at a 28% discount.

When I first booked, I got a 16% early bird special. The new 28% discount and pricing would apply to the original undiscounted price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Wagtail adventures said:

Thank you, but no, I don't get that screen - this is what I get (unless I am looking in the wrong place?):

Understand now.

I have a button under each column leading to the screen I posted.

It seems a bit unfair to force you to use your credits. Think that deserves a complaint!

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 3:10 PM, ozbrian said:

Thanks all.

Were you able to cancel online at My Cunard, or did you have to phone them?  TIA

1 hour ago, snorkelphile said:

Were you able to cancel online at My Cunard, or did you have to phone them?  TIA

I thought it might be risky cancelling online so I rang them first. They said it wouldn't be a problem and I could on it myself online or give her the card details and she could do over the phone. I had the refund for the original amount hit my account before I was debited for the special price.

Great service!

• Like 1