Prebooking on the app

lumofny

Our latest cruise was on RCCL and we were able to prebook excursions and shows through the app prior to sailing. Is this a thing with MSC? We are about 70 days away from our first time sailing with them and keep getting an error message when trying to view what excursions are available. At what point do they become available? Or is booking in advance through the app a lost cause?

On RCCL onboard shows were sold out unless you booked reservations in advance. I don't see this option in the MSC app. Is it offered/necessary?

I don’t believe you can book shows until you are onboard.  Whether you do it in the app or on screens around the ship depends on which ship you are on.  Some ships are not ‘smart’ yet.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

When are excursions able to booked, or at the very least viewed? We are 60 days out but still seeing a message that they'll be available soon. Not sure if this is actually the case or if it's just MSCs IT department doing their thing again.

1 minute ago, lumofny said:

Not sure if this is actually the case or if it's just MSCs IT department doing their thing again.

Most likely IT issues, they should have been visible long before now. 

Try using the website with your booking reference rather than logging in to your account. 

On 2/7/2024 at 5:33 PM, JamieLogical said:

I don't think you can book Excursions through the app. I think you need to log into your reservation on the MSC website to do that. There is no way to book show reservations ahead of sailing.

I can book excursions through the app, but, as you say, you cannot reserve show times until onboard.  Same with Speciality Restaurants.