Any reason to take this "upgrade?"

My friend and I are booked on Jubilee on March 16th.  We chose a balcony guarantee because location isn't that important to either of us.  We were assigned Balcony cabin 12494. I just got an offer to "upgrade" to 15499.  Both are way aft obviously two decks apart. The price is only $30 but I don't think the cabin on 15 is an offer I should take.  1549 is right below the Lido while 12494 is between two cabin decks.  

Is there anything I might be missing that would convince me to "upgrade?"  

Thanks!  

The "upgrade" is only that it's a higher deck, and maybe fits under a different category than the "Guaranteed" one you initially booked, but is otherwise the same.

And as you discovered "upgrade" =/= better in many cases.

I'd say you found your answer, unless you'd prefer to be under the Lido that is.:classic_smile: 

Edited by bg2310

I’d stay unless you want easier stairs to Lido. But noise from lido and one deck closer to Bolt roller coaster which can be loud on aft balcony’s wouldn’t be worth an upgrade. I’d prefer your assigned cabin. 

Edited by Colorado Beach Bum
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

I’d stay unless you want easier stairs to Lido. But noise from lido and one deck closer to Bolt roller coaster which can be loud on aft balcony’s wouldn’t be worth an upgrade. I’d prefer your assigned cabin. 

I didn't even consider the Bolt!  I think we'll say no to this "upgrade."  Thanks for all the advice. 

• Like 1