OBC

Yes, but not necessarily at the end of the cruise.  With most cruise lines, whatever OBC you have on your account is adjusted daily as charges are made.  As tips are typically charged daily, the OBC would also be applied daily.  You cannot specify how the OBC is applied as it is applied without discretion as charges are made.  In other words, your OBC will be applied to any charges made to your on board account.

To add, there are also two types of OBC - refundable and non-refundable.  Refundable OBC is typically applied by a third party - such as friends, family, or maybe a travel agent, and is the last type to be used for charges on your account.  Any amount left over at the end of the cruise is refunded to you.  Non-refundable OBC is typically applied by the cruise line and is also used first against charges made to your account.  Any non-refundable OBC balance at the end of the cruise is kept by the cruise line.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Probably,  but wouldn't this be cruise line dependent? And thus asked on the board for the cruise line involved?

Good advice as always.  But I am guessing from their signature that it is either RCCL or Celebrity, to which my response would apply correctly.  And I did say "most" cruise lines to be sure, since we don't know for sure - LOL.

47 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Good advice as always.  But I am guessing from their signature that it is either RCCL or Celebrity, to which my response would apply correctly.  And I did say "most" cruise lines to be sure, since we don't know for sure - LOL.

Remember that some people,  like myself,  turn off signatures because they really clutter up the screen. Wouldn't it be pretty easy to just say "On XYZ cruise line, can I use my OBC for gratuities?"

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Remember that some people,  like myself,  turn off signatures because they really clutter up the screen. Wouldn't it be pretty easy to just say "On XYZ cruise line, can I use my OBC for gratuities?"

Certainly would focus the redirect or help shape the answer.  I just happened to see the signature in this case.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, new_cruiser said:

Since the answer will depend on the cruiseline, it's best to ask this question on tge board for the particular cruiseline.

Although most cruise lines have similar policies, you are absolutely correct, as also suggested by CruiserBruce.  In this case, pretty sure RCCL or Celebrity is the line involved from the OP's signature and later acknowledgement of the information provided, however.