Barcelona Cruise Terminal to BCN

I think it's doable, but cutting it close.  Ship arriving late, traffic, luggage snafu, finding your uber/taxi, long line at check in/security...any of these can delay you 10-20mins.  When we flew out of Barcelona after our Edge cruise in August we caught a 1pm flight just to be safe. 

I'd factor in more time for that journey - at least 30 mins, assuming you can get a taxi straight away. Cruising another line recently I originally booked an 11am flight out of BCN but chickened out and ended going later. I have cruised out of Barcelona dozens of times and I would not say the journey is 15 mins at all.

I think you should be ok if you have priority and/or do Walk Off.   Walk Off usually start at 07:00 and Suites at 07:15.   You didn't indicate what day of the week or if Schengen flight or Long Haul. 

BCN Website suggests - Check-In. You should allow plenty of time to check in but, in general, arrive at least three hours before long-haul and non-Schengen area flights and two hours in advance of domestic and Schengen area flights. At check-in, you will need your passport or national ID card and your booking reference or boarding pass.

Last October on a Sunday, walked off the ship at 7:00 am. No line for taxis, and was at the airport by 7:30.  Flight to LGW was at 11:15.  I was completely bored waiting at gate for 3 hours. I’d say you have more than enough time, but there could be other extenuating factors.

13 hours ago, sasset said:

It's supposedly a 15 minute car ride to BCN. Is it too optimistic to try for an 11:30 A flight?

There have been other cruisers who posted here to have departed from airport earlier.

Anyway, if you stay for a night in Barcelona you will be able to visit the city.

About transport, please, have a look here

• 2 weeks later...

Semi related subject. I read that there are airline check in desks in the Barcelona Cruise Terminal where you can check in for your flight and check your baggage to the airport. It wasn't clear when the service is available. Anyone know more about this?

6 hours ago, sasset said:

Semi related subject. I read that there are airline check in desks in the Barcelona Cruise Terminal where you can check in for your flight and check your baggage to the airport. It wasn't clear when the service is available. Anyone know more about this?

Hello

I have found this official press release

It is for Barcelona to New York or Atlanta with Delta but.... it was signed in 2009. I do not know if still available

BCN+facturacion+puerto-aeropuerto+09.pdf

Edited by alserrod

In 2019, we had a 10:25 flight from BCN to Lisbon. We did self-assist and were off the ship by 7am and had plenty of time to spare. I would see how many ships are in port with you that day, when they (and  you) arrive so you know if people will be at the airport before you. 

For moving in Barcelona, please read here

About airport.... cruise passengers are just a small portion of airport passengers in Barcelona.

Despite it is the greater port for cruises in Europe, let's remember Barcelona airport is in the Top10 in number of passengers in Europe (London Heathrow, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Frankfurt..... and the tenth is Barcelona).

So do not worry about how many cruise passengers are moving there. There will be thousand of passengers coming from other issues in the airport.

Our Air2Sea on RCI got changed to 11:05am. Sat in July-tons of ships in port...we'll do self-assist debark at 7 (or whenever we can) and get a taxi. No other option without big increase in fare. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 8:48 PM, sasset said:

It's supposedly a 15 minute car ride to BCN. Is it too optimistic to try for an 11:30 A flight?

Last May we were off the ship shortly after 6.30 (self carried bags). Was at the airline counter around 7am. They asked us if we wanted an earlier flight (to LHR) and put us on the 7.45 am flight.  We were home by 1030.

I wouldn't book a flight this early but shows it can be done

• 2 weeks later...

The NCL Escape itinerary says we will be back in Barcelona at the end of our cruise at 5am.

Any idea when we will be able to get off the ship?

Is a noon flight out of BCN something we could make without rushing?