Ocean Ready????

Lyndonn

I have downloaded the new Princess App and I'm trying to become Ocean Ready by checking-in for myself and husband, however I keep getting an error code for my husband, resulting in being unable to complete our Ocean Ready booking.   I've called Princess 5 times, with long holds and my problem is still not resolved.  I've asked that this be elevated to their Tech Dept and the problem still exists.  

What happens if we show up at the pier without being Ocean Ready?

This is frustrating.

Thank you in advance 

3 minutes ago, Lyndonn said:

I have downloaded the new Princess App and I'm trying to become Ocean Ready by checking-in for myself and husband, however I keep getting an error code for my husband, resulting in being unable to complete our Ocean Ready booking.   I've called Princess 5 times, with long holds and my problem is still not resolved.  I've asked that this be elevated to their Tech Dept and the problem still exists.  

What happens if we show up at the pier without being Ocean Ready?

This is frustrating.

Thank you in advance 

You will need to pick up medallions at the pier. Just bring your travel summary and passport

• Like 1

You can also use the web-based version of the app.  Just log in to Princess.com, select check-in, and it will tell you to use the app.  But, in small print, they provide the link to the web version...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kstrittm said:

You can also use the web-based version of the app.  Just log in to Princess.com, select check-in, and it will tell you to use the app.  But, in small print, they provide the link to the web version...

I tried the web version too and I still received the same error codes when trying to check in my husband. Thanks for your reply.  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Lyndonn said:

I tried the web version too and I still received the same error codes when trying to check in my husband. Thanks for your reply.  

I don't know if we'll be able to help...is all you're getting a "code" without any explanatory text?

16 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Time to write a letter to the top managers of Princess, there’s no reason one has to go thru this issue!

Do you have an Email address for the executive office you can share? 

48 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Time to write a letter to the top managers of Princess, there’s no reason one has to go thru this issue!

Huh? The vast majority of us get this done without an issue. The OP is unfortunately an outlier.  She should share a screenshot or explain the error message a bit better and we can attempt to assist.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kstrittm said:

I have tried this and when I click on the "web version" link it takes me to a differet, booked cruise. 

On 2/10/2024 at 2:14 PM, kstrittm said:

So that brings up a good question, I can no longer log into my account as before. SInce the "ocean ready" system went online my account is not able to be logged into. I still have my at status and I can reserve cruises through a TA, but I like to look at my account, past sailings, etc.  Has anyone had that problem?  I'm very frustrated with the new system.  Even with the app I can't see anything. 

thank you 

18 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I have tried this and when I click on the "web version" link it takes me to a differet, booked cruise. 

Is there a way to "exit this booking" on that page?  If so, try that.  Then, if there is a way to go to your profile, it will show all of the cruises that you have booked.  Select the one you want, and continue.  If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I have no other suggestions...  you'll be forced to contact Princess customer service.

We have this issue as well. Same error on "Payment method", on both the app and the web version.

I got through to customer support, and this was their explanation (almost verbatim).

Have you sailed with Princess before ?

Yes

Did you use this card before on Princess ?

Yes

Can you try another card - it should work.

Why would it work for one card and not another ?

Because you sailed with us before.

So If I've used my credit card on a previous cruise, I cannot get Ocean Ready using the same card ?

That is correct.

I find this astonishing, but it came direct from Princess.

Postscript, I used a different card and it worked - BUT you also have to input a card for Shoreside purchases, it's mandatory, and you can't be Ocean Ready without it. I don't want to do this because (a) Shoresdide puchases not supported in Australia, and (b) I have to tick a box to say that an outfit called Radiqal Gaming LLC can store my credit card details - whoever they are.

Anyway, I'm not doing it, and after this (my 6th and 7th cruises on Princess) - I'm done with them.

I will be making a formal complaint

• Like 1

I've found that if an error is showing in just one of the passengers associated with the same booking, is to log out and sign in with the other person's username (email address ) and their password and fill in the required information.

We have sailed on 19 Princess voyages since the medallion and it's app was introduced in 2017 and haven't had a situation with the app that I couldn't solve without complaining.  What we did do is try the above or reinstall the information and if that did the trick we sent an email with the solution to Princess.

If you are sill having issues with the app then try the web-based version in your Personalizer and enter the information.  When this is done it does transport to the mobile app.  When all else fails, do as suggested above and arrive at the port with a printout of your travel summary found in the Personalizer and your passport and they will take care of you there.  This results in not much more time than found with most other cruise lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kbt cruiser said:

So If I've used my credit card on a previous cruise, I cannot get Ocean Ready using the same card ?

That is correct.

Absolutely bogus!  That is NOT Princess policy.  You just happened to get a hold of a call center rep that did not know what they were doing, or possibly just didn't understand what you were asking.  I have sailed for almost a dozen cruises with the same AMEX card.  It absolutely does work.  There's something else causing this issue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Absolutely bogus!  That is NOT Princess policy.  You just happened to get a hold of a call center rep that did not know what they were doing, or possibly just didn't understand what you were asking.  I have sailed for almost a dozen cruises with the same AMEX card.  It absolutely does work.  There's something else causing this issue.

Another reason to have a CVP and not go through the call center

2 hours ago, kbt cruiser said:

Postscript, I used a different card and it worked - BUT you also have to input a card for Shoreside purchases, it's mandatory, and you can't be Ocean Ready without it. I don't want to do this because (a) Shoresdide puchases not supported in Australia, and (b) I have to tick a box to say that an outfit called Radiqal Gaming LLC can store my credit card details - whoever they are.

Anyway, I'm not doing it, and after this (my 6th and 7th cruises on Princess) - I'm done with them.

I will be making a formal complaint

Many people here on CC have posted that they did not supply a CC for shoreside.  I have not cruised yet with the new app so I have not faced this issue.  The "downside" to *not* supplying that credit card is simply that you will not be in what they call the "green lane"...which is absolutely no big deal at all.  You may not be able to have your medallion(s) mailed to your home prior to the cruise...but that *may* slow you down by 5 minutes during check in at the terminal.  With the "old" app I *never* supplied a CC for shoreside transactions.  It did not "penalize" you in the way that the new app does (at this time...many have speculated that this is simply a bug and will be fixed in a later version.)

What is a CVP ? I think one problem is that Princess are well geared up for the USA, but less so elsewhere. For instance, they only mail Medallions to US addresses. The Shoreside features are also USA only, so to make it mandatory in both the App and the web version is ridiculous.

Just fyi, in the post-call survey, I rated the agent as straight 1s, she was useless, but if it IS/WAS a policy (or just a known bug), it explains everything that happened. The Radiqal Gaming issue has been there for 18 months judging by the message boards on here, so that is not a bug, just a very stupid policy.

I don't beleive the issues are app related at all. The same thing happens on the Web version

4 hours ago, kbt cruiser said:

We have this issue as well. Same error on "Payment method", on both the app and the web version.

I got through to customer support, and this was their explanation (almost verbatim).

Have you sailed with Princess before ?

Yes

Did you use this card before on Princess ?

Yes

Can you try another card - it should work.

Why would it work for one card and not another ?

Because you sailed with us before.

That is correct.

I find this astonishing, but it came direct from Princess.

I have that same problem with my preferred CC. It would not save through the App, and I couldn’t seem to get “ocean ready” without it.    I had to use a different credit card.  I figured I’d just switch cards to my preferred card once on board.

It is baffling because I used the Princess card to make my final payment a couple of months ago, and I’ve used it as my onboard payment method for my last 12 Princess cruises.  It has zero balance and the Bank says the card is fine. 

There must be a programming error where it’s stuck to my last cruise.  Seems really dumb, because some people have multiple cruises in play at the same time.  Wouldn’t Princess want to encourage multiple bookings?  

Maybe I should fill out a bug report form.  But that seems too much like work!  😉

2 hours ago, kbt cruiser said:

What is a CVP ? I think one problem is that Princess are well geared up for the USA, but less so elsewhere. For instance, they only mail Medallions to US addresses. The Shoreside features are also USA only, so to make it mandatory in both the App and the web version is ridiculous.

Cruise Vacation Planner...this is a Princess-employed rep who can help you book and sometimes help wade through any problems that may crop up or changes that you wish to make.  Sort of like a TA...but employed exclusively by Princess.

Princess now mails medallions to Canada (a relatively new change.)