Christmas Vacation Cruises w/ a Miami Departure

6 hours ago, SG65CB said:

I work in IT and have developed websites but only recently figured out you can search on the website for specific dates and not just full months at a time. I don't think it's related to how familiar anyone is with computers, the functionality is not obvious. 

That makes sense. The person you quoted was being a bit rough on me.

Yet the overall point some people were making was I should have invested more time myself rather than posting a thread asking for help.

Some people ENJOY helping though. 

I do as well enjoy helping others.

On Tripadvisor forums I help people all the time!

People ask questions in which the answers would have been achievable on Google...but I don't say that. I simply provide them the answer they were seeking.

If I help someone and they come back to the thread and say "Thank you"...I get satisfaction from that.

Here's an example...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g659474-i11672-k14647741-5_nights_Jersey_Shore_family_two_teens_19_and_17-Jersey_Shore_New_Jersey.html#119810756

Edited by SSBrickNJ
  • Like 1

We did Freedom out of Miami on 28 December and then drove up to Orlando for week at Universal.   Water at Coco Cay was pretty cold this year.  Warmer yesterday but still chilly.  If you have time for southern Caribbean at Christmas it is a lot more comfortable in Aruba than the Bahamas. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2024 at 4:16 PM, SSBrickNJ said:

Hello!

We've been on Royal Caribbean in the past but not in the last 5 years. I'm a school teacher who has to time my cruise within the guidelines of the school calendar.

I've started a thread here for the purpose of requesting posters to suggest RCI cruises that #1 Depart Miami #2 Do not depart until at least 12/22/24....departing 12/23/24 would be ideal btw...and #3 the cruise must be back by 12/31/24.  5 day...6 day..7 day...8 day cruises are all fine. I'm grateful to learn of all possibilities that happen to fit within the calendar framework I've mentioned here.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses!

Steve from NJ

Try this link.  Scroll down and start with 5 night: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises?search=departurePort:FLL,MIA,PCN,TPA|nights:2~5,6~8|startDate:2024-12-22~2024-12-31&sort=by:NIGHTS|order:ASC&country=USA

Edited by PIR8LUVR
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 4:16 PM, SSBrickNJ said:

I've started a thread here for the purpose of requesting posters to suggest RCI cruises that #1 Depart Miami #2 Do not depart until at least 12/22/24....departing 12/23/24 would be ideal btw...and #3 the cruise must be back by 12/31/24.  5 day...6 day..7 day...8 day cruises are all fine.

Steve from NJ

I see these cruises that fit your guidelines...

December 23

Liberty 4n Ft Lauderdale - Allure 4n Miami - Indy 5n Miami - Utopia 4n PC - Voyager 5n PC

December 22

Oasis 6n Ft Lauderdale - Grandeur 5n Ft Lauderdale - Symphony 7n Miami - Wonder 7n PC

There are also 3 night cruises departing on the 27th, one each from PC, Ft Lauderdale & Miami.

Edited by meadowlander

No one needs to help me find a cruise anymore. Thank you to the nice folks who have taken the time to provide me additional options. I personally have decided on Wonder of the Seas out of Port Canaveral.  My wife is not ready to say "yes" just yet. She admits it seems like a good idea...but she is not ready.

On 2/10/2024 at 5:29 PM, SSBrickNJ said:

I struggled to get the very specific filters that I presented here. I am confident that with patience there will be people here that will drop me some links and suggestions. 

So basically you want people on here to do the work for you.  If you venmo me, I will gladly help.  Otherwise, sorry, I don't want to waste my time planning your vacation.  If this comes off a bit harsh, so be it.  This information is on the website and I see no need for me personally as well as others cutting and pasting info on here so you can just peruse at your leisure.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

So basically you want people on here to do the work for you.  If you venmo me, I will gladly help.  Otherwise, sorry, I don't want to waste my time planning your vacation.  If this comes off a bit harsh, so be it.  This information is on the website and I see no need for me personally as well as others cutting and pasting info on here so you can just peruse at your leisure.

I never asked YOU to do anything.

SOME people LIKE to help others. My original OP was aimed at those type of people. the rest of you should simply not waste your time on me.

As I explained earlier in the thread....I personally help others on Tripadvisor all the time. I provide others with info they could find themselves....but when they come back to thread and say "thank you" it brings me satisfaction.

By the way...

This thread can be done....and I basically said that in my Post #35

In conclusion...

I did thank those who participated happily in the thread and I regret I took up the time of those who chose to post in an unhappy manner. 

O...one more thing....

My wife is inching closer toward agreeing to cruising out of Cape Canaveral on the Wonder of the Seas.

Someone helped me to discover that and I bet it brings them some satisfaction that I appreciate them. I really am thankful 🙂

Edited by SSBrickNJ
  • Like 1