Smoke stack changes?

I read a comment that the stacks will be changed ...part of the product rebranding. Does anyone know whether the logo is changing or just the color?

I'd like to see a color change to differentiate from Crytsal that uses the same aqua blue color for the logo.

Now to get some photos......

RegentExp -

Nice to have some first hand knowledge. Are you providing the info on behalf of Regent or are you just here sharing info individually? Appreciate the info, just want to know if you are "on the books" or "off the clock" so to speak.

Thanks...and Thanks.

Interesting.....on a recent cruise on the Voyager, at dinner one night, Capt. Dag said he really went all out for no black smokestacks. For some reason, I thought their new "color" was purple.

Blackbird, I don't think any of us here like to see them waste the money, especially painting smokestacks black! ('Cause we are going to pay for it). Isn't that what "re-branding" is all about?

I don't think they'll be painting the entire smokestack black, the logo I've been seeing is the black capital R from Regent in a very flowing cursive on a white background. My money is on that design or the full Regent spelled out, again black type on a white background. Regent_SSC_black_logo_100x70.jpg Mariner is apparently due to be first to have her smokestack re-logoed while in port at San Francisco, April 17 & 18. I'm all for rebranding if it means improvements in the product. We're on the April 18 South Pacific on Mariner and the scuttlebutt is we will have new mattresses and bedding as part of the rebranding upgrades. Sounds like a plus to me.

Blackbird, you don't know what you're missing in Regent Hotels, the property in Hong Kong is one of the most stunning contemporary urban hotels I've ever seen. If they send you a special promotion, send it my way, I'll take it. :)

I don't think they'll be painting the entire smokestack black, the logo I've been seeing is the black capital R from Regent in a very flowing cursive on a white background. My money is on that design or the full Regent spelled out, again black type on a white background. Regent_SSC_black_logo_100x70.jpg Mariner is apparently due to be first to have her smokestack re-logoed while in port at San Francisco, April 17 & 18. I'm all for rebranding if it means improvements in the product. We're on the April 18 South Pacific on Mariner and the scuttlebutt is we will have new mattresses and bedding as part of the rebranding upgrades. Sounds like a plus to me.

Blackbird, you don't know what you're missing in Regent Hotels, the property in Hong Kong is one of the most stunning contemporary urban hotels I've ever seen. If they send you a special promotion, send it my way, I'll take it. :)

To answer everyones question about the smokestacks they wont be all black just like dave415 said we are only going to remove the old logo and add the new logo which is going to be the Regent logo

Host Dan, I have to say that while I usually am very much appreciative of all of your hard work making sure this site stays civil and enjoyable, in this particular case I disagree with your deletion of all of these posts. Even though the original question on this thread was about the smoke stacks, the fact is that changing the smoke stacks is all part of the rebranding efforts of RSSC, and hence, I strongly believe that any and all posts related to that effort had every right to be here.

I understand the concept behind staying "on topic," but where does it say that the topic must remain SO narrow as to not include any discussions related to it? And you can't disagree that discussions about RSSC'ds rebranding are not related to this topic.

If such a narrow vision of staying "on topic" were taken throughout CC, or even just on this board, probably more than half of the posts that come in every day would have to be deleted.

I personally resent your having poofed the vast majority of this discussion. There was certainly nothing objectionable in it, and I was finding it quite interesting.

LeeAnne

Thanks LeeAnne for your position!

As the Host, I read and re-read this "discussion". Personally, I found alot of what was said (the majority) was actually argumentative, and even downright mean. (and TOTALLY off-topic) Re-branding can be a seperate thread if you wish, no problem. This thread was very specific. Again, it is NOT FAIR to the OP, who posted a specific type of thread. Please put yourself in that person's shoes. I did.

(and please dont take this personally)

Host Dan

Okay...I understand, and I'll accept your judgement. I agree there were some differences of opinion, although I always try to be respectful when I disagree with someone. We are, after all, entitled to our opininions, and discussions of our varying perspectives is one of the things I find most interesting on this board.

LeeAnne

Archived