Tender in Moorea

Miami-Girl

I am about to sail away on the 35 days Hawaii & French Polynesia on the Konigsdam. I cannot find information about the schedule of the tender in Moorea the day it stays overnight. I asked HAL (Chat) and they said it is at the discretion of the Captain.. I understand the timing of the last tender will depend on weather conditions, but if someone has been on this cruise before..? I'd like to see a show in Moorea, but I am reluctant to book it without having an idea of a "normal" tender schedule,

3 hours ago, Miami-Girl said:

I am about to sail away on the 35 days Hawaii & French Polynesia on the Konigsdam. I cannot find information about the schedule of the tender in Moorea the day it stays overnight. I asked HAL (Chat) and they said it is at the discretion of the Captain.. I understand the timing of the last tender will depend on weather conditions, but if someone has been on this cruise before..? I'd like to see a show in Moorea, but I am reluctant to book it without having an idea of a "normal" tender schedule,

This is not a common stop, particularly for the Koningsdam. 

If you have an overnight stop in Moorea, think about leaving the ship and staying in one of the over-the-water bungalow hotels which often also have "shows". We found the most cost-effective closely hotel was the older Moorea Pearl, to finally check this experience off our bucket list.

Update - now called the Maneva Beach Resort:

https://www.tahiti.com/hotels/moorea-pearl-resort-and-spa-2977

Edited by OlsSalt
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2024 at 9:47 AM, Miami-Girl said:

We are on this cruise too. In 2022 on the Noordam, we got off the ship before 8AM. It was not a problem. I am almost positive we could have gotten off at 7AM. The only variable is, as always, the weather. I have an 8 AM tour for our second day in Moorea. I am not concerned. I hope this helps.

Edited by SonuvaBeach