In Cabin Toiletries

Nunfa1

Hi all, I read on the Newbie spreadsheet (great resource btw) that the toiletries are Eco-boutique. Is this still the case? My wife has an allergic reaction to certain ingredients so if we can find out before hand what they provide it will be a massive help.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Nunfa1 said:

Hi all, I read on the Newbie spreadsheet (great resource btw) that the toiletries are Eco-boutique. Is this still the case? My wife has an allergic reaction to certain ingredients so if we can find out before hand what they provide it will be a massive help.

Thanks.

They still are. They’re not that great and if you have allergies I would bring my own 

48 minutes ago, Nunfa1 said:

Thanks, the allergy is only for coconut, so easily avoided, although the amount of products with coconut oil in seems to be increasing rapidly. This brand looks ok.

Works fine for us.

The body wash and lotion are fine but the shampoo and conditioner don’t quite have the nutrients many people’s hair needs especially ladies. I always take my own to try to avoid “frizz central” 

• Like 3

Aza used to stock some really wonderful toiletries, alas the eco gunk they have been using for years now is not my favorite. Seriously, if there could be a problem bring your own favorites.

11 hours ago, Dr H said:

Aza used to stock some really wonderful toiletries, alas the eco gunk they have been using for years now is not my favorite. Seriously, if there could be a problem bring your own favorites.

Basically, if you have a favorite you should bring it because some place along your trip will disappoint.  I'm very flexible on shampoo, but I bring my own soap and styling lotion.  And on this trip I was sorry I hadn't packed my own shampoo because Silversea's Bulgari Green Tea was not my cup of tea.  [see what I did there? 😁]

• Haha 1

Hey, my wife travels with a sewing machine, as well as a tea pot and a selection of loose teas. Traveling with shampoo or soap should not be a big issue, weight or volume wise. (Coffee is quite good to excellent on board Azamara ships, but sadly, not in the MDR. Tea is tea bag tea, probably an American invention developed to insult our former English Ubermeisters, not to mention the world at large. Yes Virginia, there is excellent tea in America, that even the late Queen would approve of. My Queen schlepps hers along when we travel, to keep me sane and the staff happy. See, I do have a complaint about Azamara!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr H said:

Hey, my wife travels with a sewing machine, as well as a tea pot and a selection of loose teas. Traveling with shampoo or soap should not be a big issue, weight or volume wise. (Coffee is quite good to excellent on board Azamara ships, but sadly, not in the MDR. Tea is tea bag tea, probably an American invention developed to insult our former English Ubermeisters, not to mention the world at large. Yes Virginia, there is excellent tea in America, that even the late Queen would approve of. My Queen schlepps hers along when we travel, to keep me sane and the staff happy. See, I do have a complaint about Azamara!

If I tell my Wife she has to bring her own full set of toiletries I'll have to book another case on the plane.😀

Good to know about the coffee though, another of my Wife's essentials. As for the tea, I'm accustomed to being disappointed so will just expect the worst, although if we're ever on the same cruise I'll be sure to seek out your wife and beg a cup of loose leaf finest from her. 😀