Transfers to Southampton from London hotel

crafticruiser

On 4/16/2024 at 5:20 PM, afto said:

Just catching up with this thread now. Wondering how easy it is to find the Princess bus at Victoria Coach Station. Staying at a London hotel and thinking it will be easier to take a taxi to Victoria Coach Station and transfer from there than go back out to Heathrow (on Heathrow Express) and connect with Princess there. Also, I am assuming the shuttle would take us directly to the ship in Southampton, with no further taxi required at that end. Trying to minimize the amount of walking. Any details would be very helpful.

When we stayed in London in 2022, a cab drove us to Victoria Station on boarding day. A princess rep was there and we took the coach/ bus to the ship. I would recommend it. And it costs much less than a private car. The coach was $118.00 for two people and a private car would have been at least $200.00

On 4/26/2024 at 10:38 AM, cruisequeen4ever said:

We have used BlackBerry Cars, and London Airport Pickups, both successfully and happily. It costs a little bit more to have private transport, but barely more, and it’s on your own timeframe. I highly recommend it!

Another vote for BlackBerry, pricier than some other options, but very reasonable for a private car service and super professional and reliable. We have then booked for both our arrival and departure this summer. 

• Like 1

Blackberry cars are very good. As another twist if your plans aren't totally fixed would be to take National Express from Victoria station the afternoon before (super cheap, they handle your luggage unlike trains, and have reserved seating) and they will drop you off in Southhampton where you can walk (several blocks) to some clean low priced hotels (marriott moxy comes to mind). Southhampton is kind of interesting in that they have a few quaint bars (the claim to fame is the Titanic final stop at Southhampton) within walking distance of hotels and a mall next door with a few decent restaurants. So for the price of the Blackberry car you can get a room and maybe dinner and sleep late(r) for the two days with no concerns about traffic etc.

Not suggesting one would give up a night in London for Southhampton especially of you haven't spent much time there, but adding the extra evening in my mind would be an attractive option.

On 4/28/2024 at 2:40 PM, karatemom2 said:

Another vote for BlackBerry, pricier than some other options, but very reasonable for a private car service and super professional and reliable. We have then booked for both our arrival and departure this summer. 

I have also used Blackberry cars and will be using them again this June.