Terrace Cafe menu

ppanyan

1 minute ago, MEFIowa said:

Not really, see the loss of Jacques, replaced by Ember. And IIRC the menu at Waves is different on Vista now than when I was on Riviera 11/2023. Loved the Mahi Mahi on Riviera. Not in a burrito. Etc. 

Understood.  I'll get back to ya in 29 days 😉 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, edgee said:

Yes there are still lobster medallians.You are not getting or looking at full pic of what I posted. Difference in surf and turf on the Vista  though is that the wagu beef with lobster is ground waygu rather than medallions of wagu as in the past.

Thanks for the clarification too.

8 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Not really, see the loss of Jacques, replaced by Ember. And IIRC the menu at Waves is different on Vista now than when I was on Riviera 11/2023. Loved the Mahi Mahi on Riviera. Not in a burrito. Etc. 

But I notice you get a dish of Jacques every night in GDR, isn't it better than having it only once (in specialty dining) per cruise? Ok, u don't get to pick what u want, but theoretically u can have Jacques every night 🙂

19 hours ago, mauibabes said:

One of our travel buddies has been nicknamed “Lobsterman” because he eats lobster every day on our cruises.  Be it 10 or 35 days, he has his lobster. Just go and ENJOY. 

Mauibabes. 

LOL. My husband wasn't THAT 'bad' but he gave it his best. He would also have some grilled shrimp and a lamb chop 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, vipro said:

But I notice you get a dish of Jacques every night in GDR, isn't it better than having it only once (in specialty dining) per cruise? Ok, u don't get to pick what u want, but theoretically u can have Jacques every night 🙂

I think it's the same Jacques offerings every night, not a rotating menu.  But, maybe others have other experiences.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

I think it's the same Jacques offerings every night, not a rotating menu.  But, maybe others have other experiences.

On Regatta last March, the Jacques' offerings were the same three entrées each night: salmon supreme, sirloin steak, and herb-crusted rotisserie chicken.

10 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Was looking at this https://www.thepreismans.com/vista23_menus.htm#grand

It seems the menu changes everyday in GDR even for Jacques offerings?

Maybe that's only for Vista as it no longer has that french specialty restaurant?

Edited by vipro

On 2/16/2024 at 1:15 AM, Snaefell3 said:

Yep.  Granted, it's Florida lobster, not Maine lobster.

Phasing out (but only gone on Vista so far) Waves, the pool grill, serves a surf and turf sandwich with lobster and fillet mignon.  It's being replaced by a waygu burger.

To be clear, the lobster is still at Waves. Correct that the beef it is served with for surf and turf is now wagu burger...no longer filet.

On 2/15/2024 at 10:08 AM, golfguyhhi said:

PLEASE..PLEASE..PLEASE --stop telling people how wonderful it is to dine at The Terrace!!!!!

If I can't find a seat at my favorite dining venue when I board in 5 weeks, I will hold you all responsible.

Stop it!!

Too funny!  I was thinking the same thing!  

15 minutes ago, edgee said:

To be clear, the lobster is still at Waves. Correct that the beef it is served with for surf and turf is now wagu burger...no longer filet.

On the Marina right now, lunch Thursday at Waves and the Surf and Turf is Warm Water lobster and Filet, unchanged from my previous experiences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

On the Marina right now, lunch Thursday at Waves and the Surf and Turf is Warm Water lobster and Filet, unchanged from my previous experiences.

Exactly. New Waves menu is only on Vista, as a trial, according to Vista General Mgr.

Edited by edgee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

On Regatta last March, the Jacques' offerings were the same three entrées each night: salmon supreme, sirloin steak, and herb-crusted rotisserie chicken.

3 hours ago, vipro said:

Was looking at this https://www.thepreismans.com/vista23_menus.htm#grand

It seems the menu changes everyday in GDR even for Jacques offerings?

Maybe that's only for Vista as it no longer has that french specialty restaurant?

I'm guessing that on Vista, a single, 3 course, Jacques menu rotates daily (I didn’t count how many rotations), while on the other ships, there are 3 static Jacques entrees daily.  Perhaps the other ships will transition to the Vista routine.

14 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

Another reason we generally make a meal of starters. At home or at sea. I wouldn't want any of those...and we loved Jacques.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SSFrance69 said:

It's also worth mentioning that Waves Grill turns into a wonderful pizza spot in the evenings with yummy toppings like burrata, prosciutto and arugula.

Nautica is 'taking a break' in late June and rumor has it will be getting the new pizza oven then. We'll be on them right after that. We're kinda pizza snobs since we started upping our game.

20230929_203138.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/16/2024 at 11:56 AM, MEFIowa said:

Yet you've never been on Vista, so how do you know for sure other than others opinions you've seen here and elsewhere? I've never been on Vista either so I really have no opinion on it. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yet you've never been on Vista, so how do you know for sure other than others opinions you've seen here and elsewhere? I've never been on Vista either so I really have no opinion on it. 

Objectively, there is no comparison about the food and dining experience between Jacques and Ember. Ember is NOT a serious selling point, but a cost-cutting measure. Yes, some really do love Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday or such restaurants. No one pays a fortune to dine in them. Nor do foodies rave about them. And no, I don't want my Mahi Mahi in a burrito.

(And yet you're expressing a type of "an opinion". The sad influence of the cognitive dissonance of Vista Cheerleaders. They pay a lot more. And often for what, exactly? I still chuckle at the Riviera Cheerleaders post its update. We sailed on her 12/2021 and 10-11/2023. So much of that update was form over function. Tiny chairs on deck six unusable for anyone over about 6'. Scandinavian minimalism aesthetic. Cold and boring.)

But then we see page after page of discussion on subjective issues like...cookies!

• Haha 3

On Vista, I don't know why they had to move the crab cake from Polo Grill to Ember and where is the Prime Rib (Queen and King) at Polo Grill?  I use to order that all the time.  Just don't understand these decisions. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Objectively, there is no comparison about the food and dining experience between Jacques and Ember. Ember is NOT a serious selling point, but a cost-cutting measure. Yes, some really do love Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday or such restaurants. No one pays a fortune to dine in them. Nor do foodies rave about them. And no, I don't want my Mahi Mahi in a burrito.

(And yet you're expressing a type of "an opinion". The sad influence of the cognitive dissonance of Vista Cheerleaders. They pay a lot more. And often for what, exactly? I still chuckle at the Riviera Cheerleaders post its update. We sailed on her 12/2021 and 10-11/2023. So much of that update was form over function. Tiny chairs on deck six unusable for anyone over about 6'. Scandinavian minimalism aesthetic. Cold and boring.)

But then we see page after page of discussion on subjective issues like...cookies!

Once again you're talking about things you know nothing about, other than what you've read. But thankfully we didn't have to read through your list of dates, cabins, and what you paid for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I heard that food in the Terrace Cafe is not a self-service buffet like so many lines. We never eat when the food is self-service as we’ve seen too many bad behaviours by guests who touch the food (since COVID we’ve gotten a lot more concerned about things like this). We are on Vista in April and really hope that the TC will be an option for us. Can anyone tell us if it is self-serve or staff served? (I don’t mean table service, I’m just hoping that at the buffet there are staff who put the food on plates for guests and not guests using the service utensils themselves).

2 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

I heard that food in the Terrace Cafe is not a self-service buffet like so many lines. We never eat when the food is self-service as we’ve seen too many bad behaviours by guests who touch the food (since COVID we’ve gotten a lot more concerned about things like this). We are on Vista in April and really hope that the TC will be an option for us. Can anyone tell us if it is self-serve or staff served? (I don’t mean table service, I’m just hoping that at the buffet there are staff who put the food on plates for guests and not guests using the service utensils themselves).

Staff serves food but there are some items that you get yourself. Also condiments are shared. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on Vista last month and really enjoyed Ember.  It was a nice change from some of the fancier food we'd been eating and was very enjoyable.  Please don't try it because of things some people who might not have ever been there say.

My husband and I were never a fan of Jacques.  My husband worked for a French company for 30 years thus many trips to France, I've probably been there at least 30 times and I hate to think of how many times my husband was there.  We never thought Jacques compared much to the real thing.  At one time there was a restaurant in Des Moines that was had much better French food in my opinion but it's gone now.  To me it seemed more like a 60s or 70s French restaurant which was meant to impress. But many people really enjoyed it and I respect their opinion.  I love mille-feuille and I tried it twice there and both times it was not good.  In fact it was bad.

We were very happy with the food on Vista.  One of the highlights of our food experience was the wine luncheon they served.  Yeah, it was expensive, $159 per person plus a $20 service fee but oh it was good.  We were able to taste wines we probably will never buy a bottle of but it sure was fun to taste and the food was really, really good.

The new Aquamar Kitchen was excellent and we aren't health food nuts.  It just had good food and we ate there several times and were always impressed..

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Why on earth do you think that Ember is a replacement for Jacques? I just looked at a sample menu and it's not remotely French. And it's ridiculous to compare it to Applebees etc. And who's serving mahi mahi in a burrito? Or anything in a burrito?  Are you on the wrong cruise line's category?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATWCruiser said:

On Vista, I don't know why they had to move the crab cake from Polo Grill to Ember and where is the Prime Rib (Queen and King) at Polo Grill?  I use to order that all the time.  Just don't understand these decisions. 

I just looked at the Polo Grill menu and both of those dishes are listed.

59 minutes ago, iowananny said:

We were on Vista last month and really enjoyed Ember.  It was a nice change from some of the fancier food we'd been eating and was very enjoyable.  Please don't try it because of things some people who might not have ever been there say.

My husband and I were never a fan of Jacques.  My husband worked for a French company for 30 years thus many trips to France, I've probably been there at least 30 times and I hate to think of how many times my husband was there.  We never thought Jacques compared much to the real thing.  At one time there was a restaurant in Des Moines that was had much better French food in my opinion but it's gone now.  To me it seemed more like a 60s or 70s French restaurant which was meant to impress. But many people really enjoyed it and I respect their opinion.  I love mille-feuille and I tried it twice there and both times it was not good.  In fact it was bad.

We were very happy with the food on Vista.  One of the highlights of our food experience was the wine luncheon they served.  Yeah, it was expensive, $159 per person plus a $20 service fee but oh it was good.  We were able to taste wines we probably will never buy a bottle of but it sure was fun to taste and the food was really, really good.

The new Aquamar Kitchen was excellent and we aren't health food nuts.  It just had good food and we ate there several times and were always impressed..

I share your opinion of Jaques.  It's my least favorite restaurant.  Overprepared bland food.