MSC Yacht versus NCL Haven

eppler

53 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

No I am not joking.

We get kicked out of top sail so they can clean and out on the sun deck, they have everything put away and tied up despite our request to have some set up.

I would not want to be in a room next to you.  I don't think it is appropriate to have a party in your room at 2 am.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

If we sail on NCL as we did for a recent Panama Canal cruise, we will book the penthouses that come with butler/concierge service and breakfast/lunch in moderno/Cagneys. 

On some ships, there is no in-between. On some  ships, only the Haven suites give you butler/concierge service.

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I just was able to do online check in for a sailing next month. Just discovered that the advertised room by the TA being in the Haven is a Haven room, just not in the Haven.

All "HI" staterooms are outside of the Haven enclave. Depending on ship, the HI was formerly a H9 which included Spa access. On those ships, the ones that became HI lost Spa access. On Joy, the HI used to be Concierge Class that did not have Haven access but gained Haven access when they became HI. 

Some CC forum members are a better source for stateroom information than any phone rep, travel agent, or website. 😉

8 minutes ago, GPPhilly said:

I would not want to be in a room next to you.  I don't think it is appropriate to have a party in your room at 2 am.  

We were in a room with a party going on at 2 am.  DH woke me up ...."Do you hear that racket?"  

I replied "Well, I do now."  

It was in the room and balcony.  I agree.  It's more than not appropriate.🤑

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

"Some CC forum members are a better source for stateroom information than any phone rep, travel agent, or website."

Kramer-True.gif

Edited by no1talks
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GPPhilly said:

Butler did not say anything when they brought additional glasses, cutlery, ice and even an assortment of snacks..

Took over a half hour but it did come.

We drank the bottles we got on the 1st day and had a couple of pizzas as well .

You may not be late owls but we feel the same at those who are up at 5am or shortly thereafter on their balcony before the sun comes up.

Being in a room under the sun deck is also bad at 6am.

4 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

On some ships, there is no in-between. On some  ships, only the Haven suites give you butler/concierge service.

All "HI" staterooms are outside of the Haven enclave. Depending on ship, the HI was formerly a H9 which included Spa access. On those ships, the ones that became HI lost Spa access. On Joy, the HI used to be Concierge Class that did not have Haven access but gained Haven access when they became HI. 

Some CC forum members are a better source for stateroom information than any phone rep, travel agent, or website. 😉

That was a screen shot during my booking. I found out I was not able to check in as it's 21 days out not 30.

Same TA gave erroneous info it seems.

After looking at a deck plan it's the exact room we had before on the Encore.  It's not in the enclave which is why we don't want that room.

I don't know how they are going to fix it.

7 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

After looking at a deck plan it's the exact room we had before on the Encore.  It's not in the enclave which is why we don't want that room.

I don't know how they are going to fix it.

You had a former H9. If neither the agent nor NCL can find another stateroom for you, maybe ask for a Spa pass. You'll be very close to it.

33 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

You had a former H9. If neither the agent nor NCL can find another stateroom for you, maybe ask for a Spa pass. You'll be very close to it.

When we stayed in that room it did come with the spa. One deck down it was.

I would prefer the upgraded drink package 😁

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Butler did not say anything when they brought additional glasses, cutlery, ice and even an assortment of snacks..

Took over a half hour but it did come.

We drank the bottles we got on the 1st day and had a couple of pizzas as well .

You may not be late owls but we feel the same at those who are up at 5am or shortly thereafter on their balcony before the sun comes up.

Being in a room under the sun deck is also bad at 6am.

You're delusional and/or simply entitled if equating the general 2am partier w/ the general 5am sun watcher.  

• Like 1

Come on now. Our fellow MSC poster, I am sure, was not loud in his partying at 2 am with either voice or music. Perhaps the word  ‘partying’ should have been ‘entertaining’ at 2 am. His posts are consistently helpful and anyone so helpful is surely considerate.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

You're delusional and/or simply entitled if equating the general 2am partier w/ the general 5am sun watcher.  

How do you figure?

Everyone is different. Why is an early riser and better than a night owl?

Both have the ability to disturb the other. The entitlement would go to the early riser IMHO. They would be the first to disturb anyone else sleeping. That is the number 1 reason I wont book a cabin under the sun deck as the set up is very loud each morning.

On a side note, if they did not ask us to leave top sail we would have stayed there. They even carried all of our existing drinks to my room after topping everything off.  I believe they were going to shampoo the carpet that night as I saw crew I never saw before show up.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 8:27 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

An important reason we use an experienced travel agent is for the additional REFUNDABLE OBC we get. On our last cruise it was $800 on Seaship. On Explora Journeys it was $2,800. Shop around.

We use a TA too, for OBC and shop $ - yours sounds better