San Juan hotels pre-cruise

cruiseorcamp

I have searched RCCL and and San Juan threads.

We are cruising Jan 2025 out of San Juan.  Although we have been there 2X as a port stop, we have never had the need for lodging.

Clean and reasonably priced are our preferences.

We don't need a $500 per night stay as we will be sleeping there and cruising the following day.

Your recommendations are appreciated.

Thank you.

I would suggest doing an internet search of the Condado section adjacent to Old San Juan, which as you know, is where the departure pier is located.  This area has many nice hotels, a number near the beach, with good restaurants available in the area. (a couple of Marriotts / Hilton / Doubletree, etc.). Transportation from the airport to the hotel and then to the pier is easy by way of cab, Uber, or possibly hotel shuttle.  There are also several hotels in and around Old San Juan near the pier to consider. (Hyatt Place / Sheraton / Sheraton Old San Juan).

I would just google San Juan / Condado / Hotels to see what is in the area that would best fit your preferences and budget to start to narrow your search.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

To add, there are also several hotels around the airport (Hampton / Fairmont / Courtyard) that are also convenient that would also have easy transportation to the pier about 15 minutes away, depending on traffic.  We have stayed at the Courtyard before and it was nice and reasonably priced.

RCCL sails from Pan American pier - which is not really near Condado (or anything interesting).  If you are happy with an airport hotel, you could crash there- but I would suggest the Old San Juan Sheraton - right on the edge of the beautiful old city - great restaurants nearby - about $250.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

RCCL sails from Pan American pier - which is not really near Condado (or anything interesting).  If you are happy with an airport hotel, you could crash there- but I would suggest the Old San Juan Sheraton - right on the edge of the beautiful old city - great restaurants nearby - about $250.

Only suggested Condado as one consideration between the airport and Old San Juan / Pan American pier.  Nice area with good hotels and just another option.  Somewhat driven, I guess, resulting from many years of frequent business travel to PR where, when my plans had me primarily on that side of the island, the Condado was one of the areas I used as a "home base". 

But certainly Old San Juan would probably be the most interesting place to stay and the Sheraton is a good recommendation.  We enjoy OSJ quite a bit!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

8 hours ago, cruiseorcamp said:

I have searched RCCL and and San Juan threads.

We are cruising Jan 2025 out of San Juan.  Although we have been there 2X as a port stop, we have never had the need for lodging.

Clean and reasonably priced are our preferences.

We don't need a $500 per night stay as we will be sleeping there and cruising the following day.

Your recommendations are appreciated.

Thank you.

Here’s a link to a previous thread with lower price point options

We have done the CasaBlanca Hotel a couple times now. Very reasonably priced and it's right in the heart of Old San Juan. It's an old eclectic place with a cool vibe and various hidden spaces (e.g., multiple roof-top areas). Rooms are small and quirky but adequate. The first time we got a king and it was darling. This is the kind of place where I can imagine each room has different personality and quirks. Drop your expectations to match the price and location, and you'll fall in love with the place.

They do breakfast also, but they are so close to several awesome breakfast places that we've never eaten there. Also, note that they will store your bags after checkout so you can further enjoy the town and get to the ship at your leisure. We just called an Uber about 5 minutes before time to leave. Another note: this is on a one-way, single-lane street, so you'll want to get your bags in and out of transportation quickly.

• Like 1