Saint Greg's Carnival Spirit 8-Day Bahamas - LIVE - February 17, 2024

29 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Chopsticks wasn’t as crazy as it has been this week and they just put out fresh sesame chicken so I grabbed some.

IMG_3292.jpeg

I really liked Chopsticks when I was on the Spirit back in December. I think I actually prefer it to the Mongolian Wok - and I love that Wok.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, MisterOJ2 said:

I really liked Chopsticks when I was on the Spirit back in December. I think I actually prefer it to the Mongolian Wok - and I love that Wok.

Yeah just not a buffet person myself.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

All kinds of fun just waiting to be had in Freeport 

IMG_3133.thumb.jpeg.e74f18db56a03a7d2034dbdf74d39a76.jpeg

IMG_3134.thumb.jpeg.5a694f3814c8e3f5ea69d0bcee806b0c.jpeg

IMG_3135.thumb.jpeg.06f133a4f26faab9e3c7479cd118bbf6.jpeg

IMG_3136.thumb.jpeg.6fa2f63324f782c959b26f0ca3e19b00.jpeg

I know I have been there once but for the the life of me can't remember anything about it. We always do excursions so we must have done something 🤔

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

They did on the boat but not on the bus. It was very unusual

Well that's crappy. One time we waited almost half an hour for 3 missing passengers. They just strolled on laughing like it was funny that now our shopping time was cut short. Everyone on the bus booed them, that wiped the smirks off their faces.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Our last crusie was on the Spirit with almost the same itinerary (HMC instead of Princess Cay) over Halloween and this is bringing back some fantastic memories. We loved the Spirit.

If you want some delicious conch fritters, in Nassau, on your way to or from John Watlings (those Pina Coldas are excellent) stop in at Bahamian Cooking on Parliment St. one block south of the port. Everything we had was top-notch. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Well that's crappy. One time we waited almost half an hour for 3 missing passengers. They just strolled on laughing like it was funny that now our shopping time was cut short. Everyone on the bus booed them, that wiped the smirks off their faces.

In my case I was back 5 minutes early from the time we were given.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

In my case I was back 5 minutes early from the time we were given.

So odd they didn't notice one was missing. I have seen the tour operators sometimes recount two or three times before taking off. Or when anyone is missing they get into a panic until they show up.

• Like 3

The number of kids in the hot tub made me wonder if water works was open. It is. But nobody is using it. Maybe because it’s day 4 and it’s been closed for three days. Maybe because it’s on the opposite side of the ship from camp ocean but the hot tub is right there. I don’t know.

IMG_3310.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

So odd they didn't notice one was missing. I have seen the tour operators sometimes recount two or three times before taking off. Or when anyone is missing they get into a panic until they show up.

Yeah that’s why it’s unusual. One lady on the bus tried to blame it on me being solo. “If you had someone with you they would’ve told us.” No if I had someone with me they wouldve been with me. If anything it’s actually her and her husband who would’ve known because I sat next to them on the bus and boat. Maybe that’s why she was acting like that.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 12

8 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Seems like she could've told the driver someone was missing...

It actually would’ve been real easy because on the way there the bus was exactly full minus the front jump seat. That empty jump seat in the middle sure would stand out.

Anyone want to sign up for one of their diving excursions?

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 18

17 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah that’s why it’s unusual. One lady on the bus tried to blame it on me being solo. “If you had someone with you they would’ve told us.” No if I had someone with me they wouldve been with me. If anything it’s actually her and her husband who would’ve known because I sat next to them on the bus and boat. Maybe that’s why she was acting like that.

I had the exact opposite experience. When I was on my solo cruise, I went on an excursion in Cozumel. There was a woman who looked out for me and always made sure I made it back on the bus. 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, pebbles1102 said:

I had the exact opposite experience. When I was on my solo cruise, I went on an excursion in Cozumel. There was a woman who looked out for me and always made sure I made it back on the bus. 

Ive found traveling solo I always get “adopted” by people on my excursions. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1