Upgrade Bid Won

GinaRz

So I’m currently aboard the Norwegian escape out of Orlando and I can confirm I did in fact get the extra specialty dining with my winning upgrade bid from inside to balcony. Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 2/17/2024 at 7:17 PM, LloydJr said:

I have done this several times (paid outright for an upgrade from inside to balcony) and we got the extra meal each time.

If you pay for an upgrade you‘ll get the meal. If you win the bid you‘ll not. 

Edited by step78
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 1:29 PM, julig22 said:

Not at all what you said. You merely said If they have the FAS meals...

They DO NOT get another meal with an upgrade bid, even if they already have the FAS meals.

LOL.  You said that is not what I say, then have "if" in your quote of mine (so clearly that is what I said)....  Well, I'm happy to hear that the OP, like myself, DID indeed get the extra meal with their winning bid

Sorry to post again a question which was probably asked/answered before, but I already browsed several topics and couldn't find an answer.

We are going in April on a cruise in the Mediterranean with NCL Escape. 

We have a balcony cabin and we placed several bids for some Haven suites.

The question is: if we win the bid, will we have access to the Haven reserved spaces (such as Lounge, restaurant, Sun deck, etc.)? Or it is just a cabin upgrade with no other perks in addition? 

I'm asking because if the latter is true I believe I'm going to cancel my bids; I don't think it's worth to pay so much money for just a few additional sqm. 

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Edited by albatros1

2 hours ago, albatros1 said:

Sorry to post again a question which was probably asked/answered before, but I already browsed several topics and couldn't find an answer.

We are going in April on a cruise in the Mediterranean with NCL Escape. 

We have a balcony cabin and we placed several bids for some Haven suites.

The question is: if we win the bid, will we have access to the Haven reserved spaces (such as Lounge, restaurant, Sun deck, etc.)? Or it is just a cabin upgrade with no other perks in addition? 

I'm asking because if the latter is true I believe I'm going to cancel my bids; I don't think it's worth to pay so much money for just a few additional sqm. 

Thank you in advance for your answers.

If you win and the chances are very slim, you will get all t he haven perks just as if  you'd reserved a haven room to begin with.  And, yes, the Haven is worth it.  My wife wouldn't cruise any other way.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/26/2024 at 9:17 PM, RocketMan275 said:

If you win and the chances are very slim, you will get all t he haven perks just as if  you'd reserved a haven room to begin with.  And, yes, the Haven is worth it.  My wife wouldn't cruise any other way.

You were right @RocketMan275, we didn't got the Haven upgrade. But we still won a Club Balcony with a very convenient bid, so everything is fine after all.

Edited by albatros1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, albatros1 said:

You were right @RocketMan275, we didn't got the Haven upgrade. But we still won a Club Balcony with a very convenient bid, so everything is fine after all.

Wish you well.  Very few haven upgrade bids are successful.

Actually, I'm jealous about  your cruise.  I cannot convince my wife to take a Med cruise.  She hates to fly.  It's all I can do to get her to fly to Florida.