Specialty Dining Cost (for a surprise for adult children)

My daughter and son-in-law will be cruising on Royal Caribbean this spring and both have birthdays coming up. I was thinking of purchasing gift cards to allow them to do specialty dining while on the cruise but I cannot seem to figure out what amount I need on the cards. Does someone have some ballpark figures on cost?  Thank you very much.

3 minutes ago, Firefly74 said:

My daughter and son-in-law will be cruising on Royal Caribbean this spring and both have birthdays coming up. I was thinking of purchasing gift cards to allow them to do specialty dining while on the cruise but I cannot seem to figure out what amount I need on the cards. Does someone have some ballpark figures on cost?  Thank you very much.

Another firefly? Lol

Each place has different prices. Lunches were on sale 40% off. Last week was pasta day and Jamie's was under $20 for lunch. 

Idk how easy gift card are to apply. Would rather have cash lol. 

Don't buy gift cards. They are nearly impossible to use. If you can get their reservation number, it is possible to purchase onboard credit from Gifts & GEAR for their account that could be used for dining. 

• Like 1

I've never used a gift card so I don't know for sure...but I have heard that gift cards are very difficult to use.  I believe I even read somewhere that gift cards are only good toward cruise fare and not able to be used for cruise planner or onboard purchases.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge will respond.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Don't buy gift cards. They are nearly impossible to use. If you can get their reservation number, it is possible to purchase onboard credit from Gifts & GEAR for their account that could be used for dining. 

Thanks. I still am trying to figure amount

1 minute ago, Firefly74 said:

Thanks. I still am trying to figure amount

If you post what ship someone can post prices of that class. My mariner specialty seems about $2 less than my harmony oasis class. Smaller older ships have lower prices. 

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If you post what ship someone can post prices of that class. My mariner specialty seems about $2 less than my harmony oasis class. Smaller older ships have lower prices. 

Enchantment of the Seas. (Didn't know it mattered because it usually doesn't on Princess where I've cruised)

19 minutes ago, Firefly74 said:

Enchantment of the Seas. (Didn't know it mattered because it usually doesn't on Princess where I've cruised)

This should be similar. The price that is crossed off is the price onboard. Gives you a idea anyway. I dont have enchantment booked, but several other smaller ships. 

20240217_150845775.jpeg

20240217_150859884.jpeg

20240217_150913771.jpeg

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

This should be similar. The price that is crossed off is the price onboard. Gives you a idea anyway. I dont have enchantment booked, but several other smaller ships. 

20240217_150845775.jpeg

20240217_150859884.jpeg

20240217_150913771.jpeg

Thank you so very much.

I am booked on Enchantment. The current prices for specialty dining are as follows:

Chops Grille lunch 26.99

Chops Grille dinner 55.99

Chef’s Table dinner 94.99

All prices are per person. An 18% gratuity is automatically added. 

Also remember that this does not include any alcohol or other beverages. 

6 minutes ago, rncruiser said:

I am booked on Enchantment. The current prices for specialty dining are as follows:

Chops Grille lunch 26.99

Chops Grille dinner 55.99

Chef’s Table dinner 94.99

All prices are per person. An 18% gratuity is automatically added. 

Also remember that this does not include any alcohol or other beverages. 

Wonderful info! Thanks so much.