Free at sea plus gratuities

GinaRz

26 minutes ago, GinaRz said:

Are the drink and restaurant gratuities included in the free at sea plus upgrade? Can’t seem to find the answer.

When you upgrade to the Free at Sea Plus program, the price they show includes the gratuity for the extra two meals and the upgraded drink package.

We have upgraded to Free at Sea Plus on our past three cruises and have it planned for our next one as well. 

For our next cruise it is $343 pp for the 7-day cruise.  That is it.  We do not have additional gratuity on top of that price.

30 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

When you upgrade to the Free at Sea Plus program, the price they show includes the gratuity for the extra two meals and the upgraded drink package.

We have upgraded to Free at Sea Plus on our past three cruises and have it planned for our next one as well. 

For our next cruise it is $343 pp for the 7-day cruise.  That is it.  We do not have additional gratuity on top of that price.

So I’m currently being charged gratuity on every drink according to my stateroom account. I’ll have to head over to guest services.

See below. And don’t judge me 😂😂😂

67146649-4A27-4E28-9FBC-A01665611792.png

7 minutes ago, GinaRz said:

So I’m currently being charged gratuity on every drink according to my stateroom account. I’ll have to head over to guest services.

two things....

1. Impressive bar tab assuming this is one seating! LOL

2.  I'm guessing that those charges are not gratuities, but rather taxes if this is day 1 and you were still not out our the local waters.  

Enjoy your cruise and all the high end booze!  

1 hour ago, GinaRz said:

Depending on where you are (if in port) those may be additional taxes. When ported in San Juan we had similar charges  on our drinks until sailaway. I know there are some in Europe that do this as well.

4 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

two things....

1. Impressive bar tab assuming this is one seating! LOL

2.  I'm guessing that those charges are not gratuities, but rather taxes if this is day 1 and you were still not out our the local waters.  

Enjoy your cruise and all the high end booze!  

You win the day. Mystery solved!

5 hours ago, GinaRz said:

Are you sure it isn’t taxes?  Looks like taxes for drinks before you leave port.