Brief review- Nassau Beach Express (RCI)

vacationlover_mn

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

vacationlover_mn was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

We booked this tour because our Blue Lagoon tour was cancelled.  While the beach was ok, we would never book it again.  The drinks were a scam (even if you wanted just one drink, they made you buy a 3 drink package for $30, that you couldn’t share), drinks were watered down, and it was all mixed drinks that tasted the same no matter what kind you ordered.  The food area looked unsanitary, so we just skipped lunch and ate on the ship later.  And, someone had taken the toilet paper and paper towels out of the bathroom, so you had to pay a person standing outside for a sheet of each.

• Thanks 1

What was the name of beach  the  " beach express excursion"  took you too?

there is another excursion "Beach Break" that I booked . was wondering if  will be same beach.

8 hours ago, tardy said:

there is another excursion "Beach Break" that I booked . was wondering if  will be same beach.

I believe it’s this one, it’s just a local beach that’s free to go to. https://www.nassauparadiseisland.com/experiences/beaches/saunders-beach

9 hours ago, tardy said:

I think it was Goodman’s Bay beach.

• 2 months later...

Norwegian's Express Beach Break to Goodman's (sounds very similar to this one) was the single worst excursion I've been on in my 11 cruises. We paid the $69x4 to NCL to be safe with everything going on in the Bahamas.  Two quick soundbites. First, The pre-promised chairs were unavailable when we arrived.  We stood around for 45min with the group waiting for them and finally gave up and used our towels. Second, The tour operator asked me to fill out a survey in return for getting on an earlier bus back to the ship.

The worst part was that the NCL Excursion desk said they were not responsible for the excursion and would not take any accountability. The rest of the cruise was pretty good, but this excursion mess was enough for us to go back to Disney and Royal Caribbean, where we've done most of our cruising.

Edited by trevorcruise
adding Beach name
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2024 at 10:44 AM, trevorcruise said:

Norwegian's Express Beach Break to Goodman's (sounds very similar to this one) was the single worst excursion I've been on in my 11 cruises. We paid the $69x4 to NCL to be safe with everything going on in the Bahamas.  Two quick soundbites. First, The pre-promised chairs were unavailable when we arrived.  We stood around for 45min with the group waiting for them and finally gave up and used our towels. Second, The tour operator asked me to fill out a survey in return for getting on an earlier bus back to the ship.

The worst part was that the NCL Excursion desk said they were not responsible for the excursion and would not take any accountability. The rest of the cruise was pretty good, but this excursion mess was enough for us to go back to Disney and Royal Caribbean, where we've done most of our cruising.

It’s so easy to do DYI excursions at that port, goodman’s bay is just a local public beach, just take a cab. I’ve sailed on NCL, never saw it listed as an excursion. It would be like booking a private tour to Junkanoo.