Newbie Questions

ReneeFLL

When and where is the special cocktail experience for those with Deep Blue Extras.

How do you get connected to the wifi? Is there a special code in your room or something?

Is there a separate line for the dedicated sailor services? Most likely won’t need to use them, but sometimes the signs aren’t very visible if there is one.

We get the premium wifi, but it says “where available”. What does that mean? Are there areas on the ship where you can’t get a connection?

I hate always being locked in with dining reservations. I did make them, but what happens if we don’t make that time on a day or two? Do they have a walk up line for the different restaurants?

You will get a notice in your cabin as to the time and location of the cocktail party.  We've done 3 VV cruises and had it in 3 locations!
The dedicated line at SS is next to the regular line.  Sometimes there are no people in line so no special line.  If there is a line, the dedicated desk is to the right of the other desks as you are looking at them
"Where available" means that 2 years ago, premium wasn't available in the Med at all....not free, not paid, not at all.  If the ship is sailing in a place where they can't get a good enough signal, it is "not available,"

There is a walk up line for all restaurants.  If you want to change a time, you can go to the restaurant at 6 and ask if they can work you in  later,,,,they will put in a same night reservation if possible.  That means you skip the walk up line.  No penalty for not showing up, but if you know you are planning to not go to your scheduled time, you can go to the app and cancel so someone else can get a reservation.

Wifi...sign up on the device.  No code.  It required something obvious like cabin number and birthdate or something like that.  I'm a computer idiot and I could do it with no problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I wish they had provided better instructions to the internet. All you do is sign up for the premium internet as if you will be charged, but it will be cleared that night by the computer.

It wasn’t that way on our last voyage in September 2023. We have DBE and when we logged on the only option was to connect to premium WiFi, it knows we have the benefit and therefore it was already enabled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

It wasn’t that way on our last voyage in September 2023. We have DBE and when we logged on the only option was to connect to premium WiFi, it knows we have the benefit and therefore it was already enabled.

It was a cluster in January.  It didn't automatically connect at all or offer the premium upgrade. Then when I did get the premium upgrade it took 2 days for Sailor Services to get the charge removed. 

• Like 1

Being a newbie, let me give you some good advice.

Scroll down the page and read various posts.  they will cover those questions and others you did not even think to ask.

Look at YouTube videos about VV. I'd highly recommend the Where's Walter Travels channel (Cruisin'Walter in post above).  He has several videos on VV which are very well done, factually accurate and balanced....not "Look at MEEEEE" or "This is my 9th drink of the day."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, garycarla said:

Being a newbie, let me give you some good advice.

Scroll down the page and read various posts.  they will cover those questions and others you did not even think to ask.

I’m a Virgin newbie and not a cruise newbie. I have over 50 cruises and have been on CC for about 13 years. The search function doesn’t always work and scrolling doesn’t always answer my questions. Btw, I have read other threads on Virgin.

@cantgetin Thanks for the info and I’ll check out his YouTube. I think I did see some of them when I first started reading about VV several months ago. Need to refresh my memory.

@jon81uk Thanks for the info. That’s what I was hoping would happen. We also have DBE thru status match from Royal.

@CruisingWalter Thanks for the info.

• Like 1