2nd Princess cruise - a few questions

LindsayC

This will be our 2nd Princess cruise (first was in 2017) and we have a few questions.

1. The booking is on my husbands name. Can I link this booking to my personal Princess account? 

2. We will be travelling with my parents. We have different staterooms but the same booking number. We both have the Premier Package and we would like to use the specialty dining together. How can I make reservations in the app for the 4 of us?

3. What casual dining options are there onboard Sapphire Princess that come with the Premier Package? Can we use this for lunch and diner?

4. We are in a mini suite on Dolphin deck. We are doing a 10 night Carribean cruise in October. Will the uncovered balcony be a problem?

5. Is there any way to find out when the formal nights will be on a cruise?

6. The cruise is to celebrate my parents 50th wedding aniversary (although the exact date of their aniversary is in May). Does Princess do something to make it special for them and how can I let them know? We will buy my parents the Balcony Dinner as our present for them.

Lots of questions..hope some of you experienced Princess cruisers can help.

Thank you!

Lindsay (&Siegfried)

Guest Snaxmuppet

You should have given your CC number when the booking was made so it should automatically link to your account. If not then I would call your TA or Princess and get it linked.

On our bookings the second passenger was recognised as a CC member and booking shows their status and is accessible from their account.

Check if the booking has you identified as an existing customer.

You should be able to access it by booking number

3. When you go into the app to book your dining it should show all four of you. You can select/deselect everyone but yourself I think.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

3 hours ago, LindsayC said:

This will be our 2nd Princess cruise (first was in 2017) and we have a few questions.

1. The booking is on my husbands name. Can I link this booking to my personal Princess account? 

2. We will be travelling with my parents. We have different staterooms but the same booking number. We both have the Premier Package and we would like to use the specialty dining together. How can I make reservations in the app for the 4 of us?

3. What casual dining options are there onboard Sapphire Princess that come with the Premier Package? Can we use this for lunch and diner?

4. We are in a mini suite on Dolphin deck. We are doing a 10 night Carribean cruise in October. Will the uncovered balcony be a problem?

5. Is there any way to find out when the formal nights will be on a cruise?

6. The cruise is to celebrate my parents 50th wedding aniversary (although the exact date of their aniversary is in May). Does Princess do something to make it special for them and how can I let them know? We will buy my parents the Balcony Dinner as our present for them.

Lots of questions..hope some of you experienced Princess cruisers can help.

Thank you!

Lindsay (&Siegfried)

With regards to point six I’d definitely organise something yourself, in the last 13 months we have had our honeymoon and anniversary and, other than “Happy Honeymoon/Anniversary” appearing when we tapped on the interactive screens, there was absolutely nothing from Princess.

4. At some stage the sun may shine directly onto your balcony. Keep the curtains closed to help keep the cabin cool. Needless to say wear a hat and sunscreen if sitting out on your balcony. 

5. You can make an educated guess from the following rules:

- it will never be on the last night of your cruise.

- usually they are on sea days.

- if day 2 of your cruise is a sea day there is a high probability it will be a formal night.

- Princess usually tries to space them out ie if you are going to have 2 formal nights one will usually be near the beginning of the cruise and the other will be near the end.

1. You are most likely guest #2 in the cabin and your full passport name is already in the Princess files if you cruised with them before. If your name has changed then you have to notify Princess. The credit card will automatically link you together. 

3. Alfredo's, Vines, Salty Dog pop up not to be confused with the Salty Dog grill by the pool. Yes, for lunch & Dinner. See Flyer

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/corporate/pdfs/restaurants-dining-venues-on-board.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

4. Some believe uncovered is a big time issue. No one is really looking down at you while you are on your balcony. To see down from deck 10 you actually have to walk to the railing an look down. Regarding shade, that is mostly due to the direction of the ship rather than any cover.

5. Two formal nights, educated guess.  Oct 14th sailing? 15th or 16th and the 21st. Oct 24th sailing? Oct 26th, Nov 1st. This information is not known until the last week before the cruise and maybe even when you board.

6. You can enter the anniversary date in  their booking in the Princess special events information section. There might be a decoration placed on their door. In the DR just mention it to the head waiter. Probably will receive a small cake and maybe some bad singing by the wait staff. There is a vow renewal ceremony offered for a fairly high price if they are into that. Remember to ask them, they may not enjoy the attention. I know I do not enjoy it.

We have celebrated a birthday and an anniversary.  Both times we received a square of cake (I don’t eat dessert). It looked very chocolate-y.  I requested the “no singing” section of the MDR so no attempt was made.

Edited by BamaVol
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, LindsayC said:

I'll get grief for this and it was a long time ago.Not a word was said about this at the time. They were secured to upside down table and we took them down when not outside. This is how we covered our balcony on a Panama Canal cruise where only mini suites available were uncovered. Learned to book early to get covered Emerald Deck Mini's. 

Island Princess Umbrellas.png

Island Umbrellas #2.png

• Like 3