VIFP gold to platinum

toocrazy

I think I know the answer but want to confirm. We both are good at 69. Our next cruise will be a 7 nighter. Which means will turning platinum. Question is will we be considered platinum from the very beginning of the cruise? TIA

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, toocrazy said:

I think I know the answer but want to confirm. We both are good at 69. Our next cruise will be a 7 nighter. Which means will turning platinum. Question is will we be considered platinum from the very beginning of the cruise? TIA

Yep...from day 1. When you check in for that cruise, your boarding docs and luggage tags should say priority or platinum or maybe both. One thing you could also try is checking in 2 days before your checkin date..platinum and diamond folks can do their check in 2 days prior to the "normal" check in date/time for the sailing date, maybe not..not sure about that part. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When we turned platinum, it was on the second leg of a B2B. We received our platinum card when we boarded for the first cruise. We would told it was treated like it was a single cruise in the VIFP program. 

Enjoy your new privileges.  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, SunriseCoffee said:

When we turned platinum, it was on the second leg of a B2B. We received our platinum card when we boarded for the first cruise. We would told it was treated like it was a single cruise in the VIFP program. 

Enjoy your new privileges.  

Thank you!  This will be us in October.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cemebro said:

Thank you!  This will be us in October.

I hope you have the same experience as @SunriseCoffee .  I turned platinum on the 2nd leg of a B2B last summer but not get the platinum card until the 2nd leg.  And I had to go ask for it at guest services, as initially I was issued a gold card!  Good luck and enjoy your cruises. 

On 2/20/2024 at 5:32 PM, Joanne G. said:

I hope you have the same experience as @SunriseCoffee .  I turned platinum on the 2nd leg of a B2B last summer but not get the platinum card until the 2nd leg.  And I had to go ask for it at guest services, as initially I was issued a gold card!  Good luck and enjoy your cruises. 

We hadn't booked the cruises at the same time. I called Carnival to "link" the 2 cruises as B2B before the cruise. Not sure what Linking means but the CS took care of it. 

1 hour ago, SunriseCoffee said:

We hadn't booked the cruises at the same time. I called Carnival to "link" the 2 cruises as B2B before the cruise. Not sure what Linking means but the CS took care of it. 

I also booked mine at different times.   My travel agent assured me that Carnival knew I was on B2B cruises, and Carnival did give me all the appropriate information for B2B cruisers towards the end of the first cruise.   But I didn't get any of the platinum benefits on the first cruise.  Perhaps I should have pursued the issue at the time.   Maybe my travel agent missed a step somewhere.  Not a big deal - the only perk that really mattered to me was the laundry benefit, and I didn't need that until the 2nd cruise anyway. 

Yeah, Carnival is really good for advancing your VIFP level at the beginning of the cruise where you hit the next level mid-cruise. The others that I know of don't do that until your next cruise - I'm looking at you, Royal and Celebrity. 😎

• Like 1

18 hours ago, csoud68 said:

I'm such a bum with 45

Me over here proud of my 28! lol.  Wish we had started cruising when we got married, but were very concerned about sea sickness.  We'd probably be Platinum or more by now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, toocrazy said:

Well we booked our 7 night cruise and check in is 16 days not 14. Woo hoo!! Note to all you bums. We used to be bums too. LOL 

Now thats some funny stuff. Im gonna start calling myself a "diamond in the rough".

• Haha 2

On 2/19/2024 at 12:07 PM, toocrazy said:

DH and I turn platinum on our Elation cruise in 2 weeks. I was able to check at 16 days rather than 14, Our boarding pass says Platinum and our Boarding group is A01. 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I will have my 75th day on debarkation day on my cruise at the end of May.  Assuming the rules don't change between now and then (and with my luck they absolutely will) will I be Platinum for the whole cruise even though day 75 is the last day?

2 minutes ago, chrislaurn said:

I will have my 75th day on debarkation day on my cruise at the end of May.  Assuming the rules don't change between now and then (and with my luck they absolutely will) will I be Platinum for the whole cruise even though day 75 is the last day?

No, Debarkation day does not count. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Turning Platinum on second leg of B2B in July and I just checked my luggage tickets for first leg and they say "Priority". Yeah, not that I need early check in. We don't like having to hurry to wait in terminal. 12:30-1:00 is our pick for arrival. By the time we get on board and gone to muster rooms are ready.

• Like 2