Which Beach would you choose on a Greek Island cruise

EliseL

We only want to go and chill on one beach during our cruise. The other days we plan on doing tours.  Stopping in Volos, Mykonos, Rhodes, Crete, and Santorini.  Curious if anyone has specific islands they preferred the beaches over others both for the the beach being nice and the ease of getting there from the ship.

Thanks!!

23 minutes ago, EliseL said:

We only want to go and chill on one beach during our cruise. The other days we plan on doing tours.  Stopping in Volos, Mykonos, Rhodes, Crete, and Santorini.  Curious if anyone has specific islands they preferred the beaches over others both for the the beach being nice and the ease of getting there from the ship.

Thanks!!

Mykonos and Crete have the best beaches.  The ones in Mykonos are easily accessible by bus. This would be your best bet. The ones in Crete depend on where you port. Rhodes would be my next pick.  Santorini has red and black sand beaches, but it is more complicated to get there. 

• Like 1

I would just add that Rhodes has quite a few excellent beaches, and although we do sometimes enjoy visiting Lindos, that particular beach would not be high on my radar.  Lindos has become a poster child for overtourism!  In fact, the last time we were on the island we drove over to Lindos and the nearest parking spot was nearly a mile distant!  Even tour buses were stuck in the horrid traffic jams that happens around the parking area.

The pathways leading up to the ruins at Lindos are a wonderful place to buy "made in China" souvenirs  :).  I wish I had the refrigerator magnet/key chain concession.  

• Like 1