Liberty of the Seas Guarantee

First time booking a guarantee. Only guarantees available for cruise date & itinerary I wanted. I booked a 2D balcony what could I expect to be assigned. What category is higher than 2D? Whatever assigned I realize it’s leftovers unless I get lucky. 

1D is higher.  Same as 2D, but holds 3 or 4 passengers.  Could also be assigned 1/2/3/4 B (Spacious OV Balcony).  CB (connecting balcony) may also be considered higher than 2D.

P.S.  Are you sure you booked a 2D GTY or did you book a Balcony GTY?

On 2/19/2024 at 11:45 PM, Another_Critic said:

I've booked 4D GTY twice (via a TA).

I'm curious what you ended up with each time? I booked my daughter the same thing (through a TA), and I noticed it says "Stateroom Obstructed View Percentage: Pending".

Granted I booked this for less than half what a balcony has been going for, and they were originally looking at PR cabins, so even an obstructed view isn't the worst thing (I think).

I'm too much of a control freak to typically book GTY cabins. At what point do they usually assign the cabin? Does paying the balance early ever speed up the process? Is there any risk of not getting on the ship?

When I booked all balconies were guarantees. Booked anyway. Went on line & all specialty restaurants only had late dining. Went to reserve MTD same only late 8:30. I know that once on ship I could always see if anything is available for 6:00 or 6:30. But with that & not knowing where my cabin would be decided to cancel. First & last time booking a guarantee. 

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

When I booked all balconies were guarantees. Booked anyway. Went on line & all specialty restaurants only had late dining. Went to reserve MTD same only late 8:30. I know that once on ship I could always see if anything is available for 6:00 or 6:30. But with that & not knowing where my cabin would be decided to cancel. First & last time booking a guarantee. 

I'm confused - how does booking a guarantee affect dining?

1 minute ago, Candleonwater said:

I'm confused - how does booking a guarantee affect dining?

It doesn't - the lateness in booking process is what caused the limited availability, not booking type.

1 hour ago, Candleonwater said:

I'm curious what you ended up with each time? I booked my daughter the same thing (through a TA), and I noticed it says "Stateroom Obstructed View Percentage: Pending".

Granted I booked this for less than half what a balcony has been going for, and they were originally looking at PR cabins, so even an obstructed view isn't the worst thing (I think).

I'm too much of a control freak to typically book GTY cabins. At what point do they usually assign the cabin? Does paying the balance early ever speed up the process? Is there any risk of not getting on the ship?

Both 4D GTY were booked with group rates via a TA.  I received a 4D balcony each time.

Cabins are usually assigned by the 30 day mark, but can be as late as boarding day.

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It doesn't - the lateness in booking process is what caused the limited availability, not booking type.

Correct by my booking late all good times for us for MTD & specialty restaurants were all taken.

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Both 4D GTY were booked with group rates via a TA.  I received a 4D balcony each time.

Cabins are usually assigned by the 30 day mark, but can be as late as boarding day.

I've never paid attention to the codes - what is a 4D cabin?

I booked a GTY interior on Cyber Monday through my TA in November, 2023, for a last minute decision to cruise the Vision out of Baltimore in April, 2024.

I normally like to pick the cabin using their normal group rate pricing but the remaining cabins had no particular interest to me. The price was so good that I was willing to be in any of them. At the end of the day onboard, I sometimes worry that we could sleep through the alert signal so noise is never a factor.

I expected to get a 4V interior double on Decks 2 through 4.

I did my check-in on February 9, 2023, 45 days prior to embarkation. On February 11, my Set Sail Pass changed from GTY no other information to Deck 7 GTY with a muster drill station assigned.

I used a barcode scanner and was delighted to find that I was given a 2V interior on Deck 7 at a location that I would have liked to have picked in the first place. I got a premium mid-ship cabin location for a GTY price. The cabin price about 120 days before sailing was going for 150% more than what I paid. The interior rooms were sold-out around the 90 day mark.

I have only used GTY with interiors on two previous cruises because of price and lack of excitement over any available room at the time of booking. I must be lucky because I was very happy with all of the interiors that were assigned to me through GTY. I would readily pick those locations again.

I have never used GTY for balconies. Way too many variables.

• Like 1