LIVE 🧜‍♀️ Scarlet Lady 🧜‍♀️ 2/21 - 2/25 Fire & Sunset Soirée

So, the hammock...it's a Yellow Leaf Hammock. I bought one as soon as I got home from my cruise in 2022. I installed it at my daughters, and THEN I bought the portable hammock chair, OMG bring it everywhere!! And yellow leaf has the hammock chair and regular hammocks in a variety of colors. However, you can't buy the red, that is Virgin only. Doesn't matter though because they are so comfy any color will do.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 8:30 PM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Fur babies don’t know they’re going on Puppy-cation yet.  IMG_2528.thumb.jpeg.cdda3c9074f142ae771bc8da161107c6.jpeg

IMG_2529.thumb.jpeg.bae6412590b8202c89ea23e64605bd0c.jpeg

Love your English Setter!  Have had Irish Setters and love them too.  Setters are the best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topanga49er said:

Love your English Setter!  Have had Irish Setters and love them too.  Setters are the best

Thanks!! 😊    Emma is our first setter & I agree.  Very gentle, loves to be around people and gets along with all dogs.  She’s such a Diva… Emma is the definition of a “Princess”  lol 

On 2/27/2024 at 12:20 PM, aqlollipop said:

Excellent review! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! 2 things I noted in your break down: on keeping the water chilled, the carafes do fit in the refrigerator in the room so if you don't want to be adding ice all the time, you can keep one or both carafes in the fridge! And second there are power/USB outlets on both sides of the bed. On the side that has the big white thing, they are on the wall all the way past the big white thing, behind the chair. ☺️

Again, thanks for sharing your voyage! I love that itinerary, even though I too, wish it were longer!

What is the big white thing?

9 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

IMG_2612.thumb.jpeg.97962d22aa1328d21ec40775ebcbca62.jpeg

referring to the white space next to the bed where it can be converted into a couch or maybe a third bed (?)

i now know there is storage space in there.

Thanks, I did not know that! We will be on the Scarlet Lady on April 15th.

• Like 1

Thanks for the live report, I really enjoyed reading it. Every time I see the Virgin ships I can't understand why they didn't put more pools/hot tubs, water features, etc.  That top deck area seems like it would be perfect for a pool and some hot tubs.  There seems to be an overwhelming number of seating areas on the ship, and not enough areas for lounging in a pool/spa.

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2024 at 2:07 PM, Lupush said:

Thanks for the live report, I really enjoyed reading it. Every time I see the Virgin ships I can't understand why they didn't put more pools/hot tubs, water features, etc.  That top deck area seems like it would be perfect for a pool and some hot tubs.  There seems to be an overwhelming number of seating areas on the ship, and not enough areas for lounging in a pool/spa.

Pool is definitely small.  There are several hot tubs - i believe 4 at least if i remember correctly.  Luckily we aren’t big pool people so it didn’t matter much.  I do like the solarium on RC most of the time.  The Dock area seemed to replace times we wound have gravitated toward the solarium if it were an RC cruise but there’s no pool or hot tubs at the Dock.

20 minutes ago, neverendingcruising said:

6 total hot tubs if you include Richard's rooftop. Two on 16 aft, 2 on 15 midship, 2 on 16 forward (Richard's). 

There's also the thimble sized one at the spa on 5

Ah yes - forgot about richard’s rooftop.  Shoulda known since I did illegally enter in the name of a sunrise photo opportunity.  

🙄🤫

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad I found this review.  You have a similar background to me as I'm primarily a Royal Caribbean cruiser, but discovered an amazing deal that got me to book Scarlet Lady.  And not just a short one like this one, but a major 14 night transatlantic crossing.  I also plan to do a live thread and will definitely tag you for hints and suggestions as well as referring back to this thread.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

I'm glad I found this review.  You have a similar background to me as I'm primarily a Royal Caribbean cruiser, but discovered an amazing deal that got me to book Scarlet Lady.  And not just a short one like this one, but a major 14 night transatlantic crossing.  I also plan to do a live thread and will definitely tag you for hints and suggestions as well as referring back to this thread.

Awesome!  Sounds like a plan!  I'd love to do a TA one day.

On 2/22/2024 at 5:33 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

My thoughts exactly!  Heard very good things about brunch at The Wake. Missed out on bookings and didn’t try to walk up.  Look forward to your thoughts.

Do you need reservations for the brunch? Is it extra?

8 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Awesome!  Sounds like a plan!  I'd love to do a TA one day.

Not just my first Virgin cruise, my first TA as well

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 2:07 PM, Lupush said:

We aren't the pool types, I understand others might be, but we spend 20 minutes by the pool for a 7-day cruise, tops. We cruise for the ports and excursions mostly. I wonder if Virgin made a strategic decision to emphasize onboard activities versus big swimming pools like other lines do.

6 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

We aren't the pool types, I understand others might be, but we spend 20 minutes by the pool for a 7-day cruise, tops. We cruise for the ports and excursions mostly. I wonder if Virgin made a strategic decision to emphasize onboard activities versus big swimming pools like other lines do.

I don't think that I have ever been in the pool or hot tub on a ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think that I have ever been in the pool or hot tub on a ship.

I can count on 1 hand my times.  I’ve been known to sit on the side, drink in hand, with my feet in the water in the solarium.  Hair has been wet once LOL It was on Mariner.  I remember the day.  

Mostly limited to short periods NEAR the pool.  My complexion doesn’t lend well to extended direct sun exposure. 

7 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

. I wonder if Virgin made a strategic decision to emphasize onboard activities versus big swimming pools like other lines do.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was.  

• Like 1