Circle Tier Level Reduction Help Please

Reevo79

Does anyone know if there has been some sort of shake-up with the Circle tier levels in the last year?

I last sailed with Azamara on the Onward last March and my tier level was at Discoverer, which is where I expected it to be. I have today booked a cruise departing in June and my tier level is suddenly showing as Adventurer, meaning that I have dropped two loyalty tiers for no apparent reason. I have called customer services and they have said that they cannot do anything unless I can provide them with paperwork evidencing that I was at Discoverer last year. I don't have anything like this as I deleted it all once I was back from the last vacation. 

I tried calling the dedicated Circle phone line but it will not connect as it is a US toll free phone number and I am trying to call from the UK. 

Can anyone shed any light as to what might have happened or what I can do to get my tier status corrected?

Many thanks

Edited by Reevo79
spelling error

This happened to me after our last cruise in September. I filled out the request support form and had no reply or result. I called the Loyalty Support number and was able to get someone (I'm in the States) who uncovered that the problem was that I had two email addresses on file. The rep was able to correct it, had me sign in again and voila, my points were correct. I'm not saying that's your problem, just that they were able to correct it without my having to provide "proof".

You aren't alone. There have been some IT issues that Azamara have had since the transfer of ownership from Royal Caribbean to Sycamore Partners. If you log into your account and click on your upcoming cruises there is a "request support" link which will enable you to raise the issues. Don't expect a quick reply however. It could be a few weeks. 

Phil 

IMG_3730.png

• Like 2

In the past, as part of RCCL, other documents including pictures taken during the cruise showing the ship, or a picture with the staff or captain etc. have been accepted. I don't know the Sycamore Partners approach but it's worth a shot. Pardon the pun!

This happened to us in the 1980's and now we keep documentation, including photos, sea pass cards, and our cruise docs. 

37 minutes ago, alcpa1 said:

In the past, as part of RCCL, other documents including pictures taken during the cruise showing the ship, or a picture with the staff or captain etc. have been accepted. I don't know the Sycamore Partners approach but it's worth a shot. Pardon the pun!

This happened to us in the 1980's and now we keep documentation, including photos, sea pass cards, and our cruise docs. 

The status hasn't been "lost", it's just the IT system is reporting incorrect information. So trying to prove isn't necessary.

From posts here it has happened a lot. It happened to me. It seemed I had two Azamara Circle numbers allocated in the Sycamore transition and by following the request support they merged them and sorted it. But it took a while. 

Phil 

• Like 1

Are you a member of any of the RCCL loyalty groups, ie Celebrity etc?

Our level with Azamara showed on Celebrity. Which would provide you with the necessary evidence.

However, If  your level had been earned by cruises on other lines and last March was your first Azamara cruise then it would not count now. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Reevo79 said:

Does anyone know if there has been some sort of shake-up with the Circle tier levels in the last year?

I last sailed with Azamara on the Onward last March and my tier level was at Discoverer, which is where I expected it to be. I have today booked a cruise departing in June and my tier level is suddenly showing as Adventurer, meaning that I have dropped two loyalty tiers for no apparent reason. I have called customer services and they have said that they cannot do anything unless I can provide them with paperwork evidencing that I was at Discoverer last year. I don't have anything like this as I deleted it all once I was back from the last vacation. 

I tried calling the dedicated Circle phone line but it will not connect as it is a US toll free phone number and I am trying to call from the UK. 

Can anyone shed any light as to what might have happened or what I can do to get my tier status corrected?

Many thanks

If your reservation was made without your Circle ID number, you were kicked down to a first time cruiser.  Did you use a TA or book directly?  If TA that you have used before they should have your circle number.  Have you searched through your old emails for something showing your loyalty level?

Thanks everyone, there's some helpful advice here. I've emailed the loyalty department directly and I'm waiting for a reply (which I'm aware may take a while). 

I do also have proof of Elite status with Celebrity so I may be able to use that if need be.

Hopefully I can get it sorted before I sail in June - I need my 15% discount on the ultimate drinks package! 🤪

• Like 1

In the past I would have said print a copy of the listing of your past cruises that are listed on the Azamara website under your account. However, I see now they are only listing the cruises (so it says) since April 2023. However, that listing is not correct, either.

8 hours ago, PirateWife said:

In the past I would have said print a copy of the listing of your past cruises that are listed on the Azamara website under your account. However, I see now they are only listing the cruises (so it says) since April 2023. However, that listing is not correct, either.

But you can still find any previous Azamara cruises on your Celebrity account, although they are now listed as Celebrity cruises.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 7:32 PM, Reevo79 said:

Many thanks

Returning to the original post the important question is had you completed an Azamara cruise prior to 1st February 2023 as that was the cut off date for points from Celebrity cruises to count towards Azamara loyalty level. If you haven’t completed an Azamara cruise before that date then you start at zero points with Azamara.

There were anomalies with March 2023 cruises in that as the transfer of data from RC to Azamara didn’t go at all well Azamara were still relying on information from the RC/Celebrity system. As they had no knowledge of whether customers had travelled with Azamara previously or not the loyalty level from the old system was honoured if correct or not. It took a long while for the data to be sorted out but the correct loyalty level is now showing for the majority of Azamara customers.

To check you need to access your account on the Seaware system not the potted version that appears when logged into your Azamara account. Fairly easy to do this, go onto the Azamara website but do not sign in then select a cruise and press Book Now, once the booking opens then sign in and you will see a line called Club Program appear if you click on the icon you will see your loyalty account. If you have multiple loyalty accounts then you need to contact Azamara to get the incorrect one(s) removed.

Apparently Azamara had to manually correct all the data supplied by RC but as always some were missed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2024 at 12:40 PM, Riocca said:

Returning to the original post the important question is had you completed an Azamara cruise prior to 1st February 2023 as that was the cut off date for points from Celebrity cruises to count towards Azamara loyalty level. If you haven’t completed an Azamara cruise before that date then you start at zero points with Azamara.

There were anomalies with March 2023 cruises in that as the transfer of data from RC to Azamara didn’t go at all well Azamara were still relying on information from the RC/Celebrity system. As they had no knowledge of whether customers had travelled with Azamara previously or not the loyalty level from the old system was honoured if correct or not. It took a long while for the data to be sorted out but the correct loyalty level is now showing for the majority of Azamara customers.

To check you need to access your account on the Seaware system not the potted version that appears when logged into your Azamara account. Fairly easy to do this, go onto the Azamara website but do not sign in then select a cruise and press Book Now, once the booking opens then sign in and you will see a line called Club Program appear if you click on the icon you will see your loyalty account. If you have multiple loyalty accounts then you need to contact Azamara to get the incorrect one(s) removed.

Apparently Azamara had to manually correct all the data supplied by RC but as always some were missed.

Thank you so much for this info. I followed the instructions you gave and the Seaware system showed my correct level. I was able to screenshot this and now have something to send to Azamara, so hopefully I can get everything resolved quickly now. 

Thank you again! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Reevo79 said:

Thank you so much for this info. I followed the instructions you gave and the Seaware system showed my correct level. I was able to screenshot this and now have something to send to Azamara, so hopefully I can get everything resolved quickly now. 

Thank you again! 

Your welcome, if you’re showing multiple accounts I found the easiest way was to ask them to delete the incorrect accounts which apparently were place holders during the changeover.