Vibe Beach Club

19 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Personal thing....I have "bought" VIBE passes twice.  Once on the Breakaway and once on the Escape.  I think the most I paid was $150 0r $160.  I thought that was expensive but was willing  to pay as I was staying in an inside room on both.  

Then, it started to skyrocket.  I found I'd rather take that money and book a nicer cabin. Last I checked, the cost was $230PP on a 7 nite cruise.  

That seems a bit much for a lounger and hot tub for a week.  

I can always get a drink in the wealth of bars on board.

I understand your cost to value opinion.

I've been investigating Vibe passes since they were $99 (I believe) for a 7 day sailing and I just purchased them for the first time for a 10 day sailing coming up in April on Getaway.

I'm paying $289 x 3 for me, my wife and daughter. Super expensive!

My wife is unhappy with the cost, but I think the Vibe amenities and service will win her over.

We've always travelled in groups that included children, so we haven't had the opportunity to book passes before this.

We are, and have always been, sundeck people. We will spend all day outside, if the weather allows.

MY responsibility, since I'm the early riser that goes to the gym at 5:45, was to go up on deck after showering and reserve loungers for me and my girls. It's a thankless job that I've been doing for many years! I always got us a nice spot on the deck overlooking the pool deck and I'd get the same spot every day, so everyone always knew where we were. If you don't mind sitting 1/2 inch from the person next to you, it's a great strategy for sundeck people.

I'm not one of those that drops their stuff and leaves for a couple of hours. I or someone in my party will always be by the chairs. This makes life difficult if you all want to go for a meal or do something quick elsewhere. It's actually part of the reason we've never attended a M & G before.

Vibe will fix that for us. No rushing upstairs to reserve chairs and we can come and go without worrying that we'll never find another spot to hang out.

The bar, the (anticipated) awesome service and hot tubs are actually secondary perks for me.

I'm excited! 57 days until Vibe for me!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diannee said:

I have always heard that Vive Beach Passes are only sold first come first served after boarding but many of you are saying you purchased prior to boarding. We are booked on the Aqua next year, any advice for pre purchasing these would be greatly appreciated!

Go into the NCL app and click on Entertainment.

It should be there, if still available.

Or maybe it doesn't show up until final payment?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I understand your cost to value opinion.

I've been investigating Vibe passes since they were $99 (I believe) for a 7 day sailing and I just purchased them for the first time for a 10 day sailing coming up in April on Getaway.

I'm paying $289 x 3 for me, my wife and daughter. Super expensive!

My wife is unhappy with the cost, but I think the Vibe amenities and service will win her over.

We've always travelled in groups that included children, so we haven't had the opportunity to book passes before this.

We are, and have always been, sundeck people. We will spend all day outside, if the weather allows.

MY responsibility, since I'm the early riser that goes to the gym at 5:45, was to go up on deck after showering and reserve loungers for me and my girls. It's a thankless job that I've been doing for many years! I always got us a nice spot on the deck overlooking the pool deck and I'd get the same spot every day, so everyone always knew where we were. If you don't mind sitting 1/2 inch from the person next to you, it's a great strategy for sundeck people.

I'm not one of those that drops their stuff and leaves for a couple of hours. I or someone in my party will always be by the chairs. This makes life difficult if you all want to go for a meal or do something quick elsewhere. It's actually part of the reason we've never attended a M & G before.

Vibe will fix that for us. No rushing upstairs to reserve chairs and we can come and go without worrying that we'll never find another spot to hang out.

The bar, the (anticipated) awesome service and hot tubs are actually secondary perks for me.

I’m excited for you!  

And, you’re right.  Value equation is different for everyone.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Personal thing....I have "bought" VIBE passes twice.  Once on the Breakaway and once on the Escape.  I think the most I paid was $150 0r $160.  I thought that was expensive but was willing  to pay as I was staying in an inside room on both.  

Then, it started to skyrocket.  I found I'd rather take that money and book a nicer cabin. Last I checked, the cost was $230PP on a 7 nite cruise.  

That seems a bit much for a lounger and hot tub for a week.  

I can always get a drink in the wealth of bars on board.

The vibe is a lot more than a lounger and a hot tub for a week.  It is an oasis of peace and calm.  We were recently on the Prima first part of December.  Our sailing had 3700 on a ship designed the hold about 3000.  I was told close to 1000 of the passengers were under 16.  Not surprised as teens and kids were scrambling everywhere throughout the ship.  The Observation Lounge was packed.  The main pool area was packed.  The outside infinity pool areas on deck 8 were packed.

During the day I would say we averaged about 3-4 hours in the vibe beach club.  It was really nice to have a place to escape the masses in an otherwise overcrowded sailing.  There is a reason it has skyrocketed.  People like the vibe and are willing to pay for it.

• Like 6

We have Vibe passes for our upcoming cruise and yes they are pricey but it is a spring break cruise and my DH and I are "older" so we figure it would be and escape from the crowds....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diannee said:

Thank you bkrickles! Entertainment is still grayed out but we haven’t paid in full yet. 

It doesn't matter if you've paid in full or not. It won't show until they start listing entertainment for your sailing. How far out are you?

• Like 3

For me and my spouse, it is totally worth it, if we're not staying in the haven. We've had it on our last 2 cruises - a  5 day Carribean trip, and a 10 day Panama Canal trip.  We are taking a very port intensive cruise this summer - just one sea day out of 8 - but if we hadn't booked haven, we'd definitely get the vibe.

We enjoy being outside, and really enjoyed being able to always have a comfortable chair without feeling like a packed sardine, and also enjoyed it being on the quieter side. It wasn't quiet - boring, but more chill. We became friendly with many of the other folks up there, and enjoyed the bartenders knowing us and our names (and drinks!). Most mornings they had coffee up there, so that's where we'd run up for a nice cup outside to take in the sun and the sights. 

For us, if we had two full sea days, not having the vibe (or haven) would be a deal breaker, because we find it so relaxing and enjoyable. 

Edited by MIA-PHL
typo
  • Like 4

I have loved the Vibe since its inception. 

I have been on almost all of the Vibes love them all.

I also am a sundeck person and I live in Florida! I love going in the Vibe when its not a sea day there always is a stop on my trip I do not leave the boat sometimes 2 so peaceful in the Vibe.

#1 reason for me and DW is to escape the crowds we usually sail during peak season.

#2 excellent bar service. Not waiting in line at the pool deck for a drink is awesome.

#3 there is always a lounger in the shade or in the sun. Sometimes the bar area seats fill up but that is ok.

#4 private bathrooms!

#5 hot tubs that are not full of people and kids there always seems to be one with room.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

None of what toy get for you money is worth the price it costs.

Not worth the price for you. 

But, as this thread and all the others prove, it's worth it to the vast majority of people who have gotten passes. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

4. Encore, like @vacation44 said, they don't have cushioned loungers but rather loungers with strapped on head pillows which are not as comfortable.  It is huge though with the full upper deck (which does have daybeds) but no shade.  And, even though its our least favorite, its better than no vibe in our opinion.

Absolutely agree!

5 hours ago, Diannee said:

I have always heard that Vive Beach Passes are only sold first come first served after boarding but many of you are saying you purchased prior to boarding. We are booked on the Aqua next year, any advice for pre purchasing these would be greatly appreciated!

I would check every morning for them to open up the Vibe pass selling.    More than likely, since the ship is still under construction, they have not started selling the passes yet.     

5 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

And these are reasons I am fully confident you will love it.

They also have coffee and pastries early in the morning in addition to the fruit and cookies in the afternoon.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

DH and I are the same and for that alone I think you will really enjoy having your vibe passes and the peace and quiet is a major benefit.  Our first time in Vibe (Escape) we were often the only 2 for hours at a time. 

I'm not one to do shots at the bar but the fabulous staff got everyone to do a Cheeseburger shot at "shot o'clock" (4:00) and by golly it tasted exactly like a cheeseburger! Lol! 

See you in 57 days! 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

They also have coffee and pastries early in the morning in addition to the fruit and cookies in the afternoon.

I was hoping for the morning coffee

I think that'll be another thing my wife will enjoy. 

Thanks for paying attention. Lol 😂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TenForward said:

DH and I are the same and for that alone I think you will really enjoy having your vibe passes and the peace and quiet is a major benefit.  Our first time in Vibe (Escape) we were often the only 2 for hours at a time. 

I'm not one to do shots at the bar but the fabulous staff got everyone to do a Cheeseburger shot at "shot o'clock" (4:00) and by golly it tasted exactly like a cheeseburger! Lol! 

See you in 57 days! 

100% we'll be doing sailaway in Vibe in 57 days! 

9 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I was hoping for the morning coffee

I think that'll be another thing my wife will enjoy. 

Thanks for paying attention. Lol 😂 

You are very welcome.   

However, I did not get the chance to order room service to test out your seven layer cake theory last week.    Please let us know if you decide to order it and if it is the same cake as Cagneys.   We are up again in June so I am still interested.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diannee said:

Typically, you can book Vibe as soon as you book your cruise.  However, FWIW, we were on Viva in December and for that sailing Vibe passes weren't available until only a few months before the first sailings.  I assume the delay was because the ships weren't even sailing yet.  We kept checking almost daily and then one day someone in our roll-Call said they were available and we jumped on them. 

47 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Is there a price to the fruit and cookies? I seem to remember seeing a Vibe "snack" menu, but maybe I'm all sorts of confused!

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

Is there a price to the fruit and cookies? I seem to remember seeing a Vibe "snack" menu, but maybe I'm all sorts of confused!

No, there is not a charge for the fruit and cookies.   

When we were in the Escape Vibe back in May 2019, we were allowed to order free of charge off of the Haven snack menu.   This was the only time I have experienced this so I am not sure if they were testing it out.   The next time were we in the Vibe, I inquired about it and was told no and that it was not a thing.    All I know is that it was a thing on that May 2019 cruise because we had lunch off the Haven snack menu twice in the Vibe.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

There is no Vibe menu and the fruit is brought out at the timing and discretion of the bartenders and brought around to each individual. They aren't sitting out or anything. I have not had cookies served in Vibe but I haven't sailed on a ship with Vibe since 2022. 

6 hours ago, Diannee said:

Thank you bkrickles! Entertainment is still grayed out but we haven’t paid in full yet. 

We have purchased ours for our Feb 2025 escape trip.. Actually bought them 2/4/24 for a 2/1/2025 sailing.  And as stated, as long as deposit was paid you can purchase addons.. Doesnt have to be 100% paid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

You are very welcome.   

However, I did not get the chance to order room service to test out your seven layer cake theory last week.    Please let us know if you decide to order it and if it is the same cake as Cagneys.   We are up again in June so I am still interested.    

Lol 😂 

Will do. 

I've already discussed with my daughter. We are ordering room service within the first day or 2 out of 10. We'll order some stuff that can stay in the fridge for a couple of days, including a couple of pieces of 7 layer chocolate cake! It'll be like a science experiment. 

What if someone wakes up hungry in the middle of the night. Lol!