Hobart overnight

I'll be on the Grand in a couple of weeks which stops in Hobart overnight. We arrive about 8.30 pm. Is there anything worth seeing if I get off the ship at that time of night? Pretty lights? I'm booked on the full day tour down to Bruny Is the next day so wont be visiting the city centre but have been there a few times before. TIA.

We did an overnight there earlier this month. It's definitely worth getting off & going for a walk. The harbour is beautiful early evening.  It was daylight saving still so only just getting dark when we arrived. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

I'll be on the Grand in a couple of weeks which stops in Hobart overnight. We arrive about 8.30 pm. Is there anything worth seeing if I get off the ship at that time of night? Pretty lights? I'm booked on the full day tour down to Bruny Is the next day so wont be visiting the city centre but have been there a few times before. TIA.

It’s pretty bad how the cruise lines are advertising it an overnight. 
You would think it’s 2 full days or close to it.

You could have a walk around but Hobart is just a big country town.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

We are the same with Majestic leaving tomorrow. Arrive 8.30pm. In December on Brilliance we had 2 full days which was great.

17 minutes ago, resordanis said:

We are the same with Majestic leaving tomorrow. Arrive 8.30pm. In December on Brilliance we had 2 full days which was great.

I’m on edge in two weeks.

Originally it was port Arthur for a full day and  then 2 full days in Hobart.

Now it’s Eden and arrive in Hobart in the evening ,then a night there and leaving the next day. Two sea days back to Sydney.

3 hours ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

Just go up on deck and you'll get a great view of the harbour and city lights in all directions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Now it’s Eden and arrive in Hobart in the evening ,then a night there and leaving the next day. Two sea days back to Sydney.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I was going to do that cruise, can’t wait for your report!

If you walk to the main sea front and to the Elizabeth Street pier in the evening, and out on the left side of the pier, there is some nice places to have a quite coffee, from there if your lucky and a cruise ship is in and all lit up, the bay looks really pretty.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8:30pm  in Hobart  you may find a couple of bars still open around salamanca   and around  near elizebeth st pier .   or   you could head down to the round house and win yaself fortune or listen to some music 

not far from the ship  there is Hobart brewqing company  ( it used to be where Bob Clifford made   the Incats Before he got to big and had to move to Prince of Wales bay)  and there is some food trucks there as well by memory

12 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

If you walk to the main sea front and to the Elizabeth Street pier in the evening, and out on the left side of the pier, there is some nice places to have a quite coffee, from there if your lucky and a cruise ship is in and all lit up, the bay looks really pretty.😂

Hopefully Yaya_in_Oz's ship will still be there! 

• Haha 2

Thanks all for the replies.

I'll go for a walk around the waterfront if I'm not too tired from Port Arthur and/or go up to one of the open decks on the ship. If its raining, its bedtime. Sorted 😄

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

Thanks all for the replies.

I'll go for a walk around the waterfront if I'm not too tired from Port Arthur and/or go up to one of the open decks on the ship. If its raining, its bedtime. Sorted 😄

the good thing about Hobart there is 360° views

i know Hobart very well after all i had a 27 year holiday there which was the best days of my life.

enjoy thou

• Like 3