I-45 construction and closures

DannyMac

If you are planning a cruise out of Galveston, please take into account freeway construction and closures on I-45. You can go to www.transtar.com for current road conditions. There are several freeway construction projects ongoing plus construction at Bush (IAH) airport.

22 hours ago, DannyMac said:

If you are planning a cruise out of Galveston, please take into account freeway construction and closures on I-45. You can go to www.transtar.com for current road conditions. There are several freeway construction projects ongoing plus construction at Bush (IAH) airport.

Unless there is a typo, that site you mention for transtar is a real estate investment company - nothing there about road conditions. Perhaps I've overlooked it?

40 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Unless there is a typo, that site you mention for transtar is a real estate investment company - nothing there about road conditions. Perhaps I've overlooked it?

Try houstontranstar.org, that's the site with all the traffic info

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 1:26 PM, DannyMac said:

Thank you for this.  Is there construction normally taking place on Sundays?  If yes, how much of a delay should one typically expect - ie add 1hr to the drive to IAH - would it get worse than that?

• 2 weeks later...

There hasn't been a construction delay more than five minutes in 2024. The southbound portion is open down to exit 17. I drive this three times a week to UTMB and have zero problems. Summer and spring break weeks are busy after noon, but those are the exceptions.
 Rarely are the northbound lanes down to two, and that's overnight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've been driving to/from Galveston for several years now.  There is always construction somewhere.  This is nothing new. But thanks for the links - always good to have!