Riviera & Marina - Deck 7 Pre-2025 Voyages

FeelingCruisy

We booked an Oceania Marina for Jan 2025 cruise on deck 7.  We picked one of the extended balconies which we loved in the past.   Tonight I was browsing deck plans on Oceania's website and for both Riviera and Marina deck 7 it says Deck 7 Pre-2025 Voyages.  Just worried in case they reconfigure the room numbers and we end up in a different cabin without the extended balcony.  Anyone has any idea what the message means.  I called Oceania and got no help from them. 

PXL_20240223_021104617.jpg

Doubt the room numbers are changing, but without looking I would say the rooms are being changed to a more expensive category. 

We also booked one of the category B3 extended balcony cabins on the Riviera in February 2025. It wasn’t a big surprise that on the next release of the summer 2025 cruises Oceania moved these cabins into the concierge category A2. I don’t know why they have been waiting so long.

Enjoy your cruise in this cabin last time for the cheap price.

Edited by osandomir

Got email from my travel agent that Oceania is going to make a big announcement next week. I will bet it includes making B3 extended balcony cabins a more expensive category. I love B3 cabins aft.  They get booked up very quickly.  

25 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

We’re in a B3 extended balcony on Riviera right now. They’ve always been the best buy on an O ship - particularly the four open corner ones. 

Though best buy is relative and price dependent. See also the "big" Cs on the 4 R-class ships: 6004/6005 and 7006/7007. Less expensive, roomy, & for the 700Xs up higher with the A1s, A2s, and A3s. We've got 700x on Sirena for 10 nights in September.

Yep, the beloved B3s will be A2s. A year ago I booked 7008 for 4/25/25 sailing. New cats. and prices not shown for it yet; but deck plan for next year is showing the change. Once the 'secret's' out, as was the case with aft facing cabins years ago, prices always change to reflect the demand.

3 hours ago, jazznruby said:

Yep, the beloved B3s will be A2s. A year ago I booked 7008 for 4/25/25 sailing. New cats. and prices not shown for it yet; but deck plan for next year is showing the change. Once the 'secret's' out, as was the case with aft facing cabins years ago, prices always change to reflect the demand.

For our cruise on the Riviera 2/14/25 we have 7008. It’s still listed and showing on deck plan for this particular cruise as B3 same as all other extender balconies on the O website. They are already all available for booking as A2s for the summer 2025.

Edited by osandomir

Stupid question, but they won't ask for more money from those who already booked as B3 right? And if they switch does that mean we also automatically get upgraded to A2 no charge ?

Edited by FeelingCruisy