Future Cruise Possible?

peanut head

I was foolish last month when I was on Constellation and did not go to the Future Cruise desk to put down a deposit for another cruise in the future.  A friend of mine is sailing tomorrow on Equinox and I was wondering if she can get a certificate for me for a future cruise if I am not with her on the ship?  What information would I need to give to her, if it is possible?  I would like to try and get the perks that booking on board gives for upcoming sailings.

It's my understanding that the Cruise Later Certificate allows changing all passenger names.  So if you can get them to buy the certificate (their $200).  Then after they are home when selecting the actual sailing you could put your names on the reservation.   They/you would have 30 days to transfer to a TA if desired.

You could have them review this plan with the future cruise folks to make sure.  Of course your friends would need to front the deposit.

Edited by wrk2cruise

18 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

It's my understanding that the Cruise Later Certificate allows changing all passenger names.  So if you can get them to buy the certificate (their $200).  Then after they are home when selecting the actual sailing you could put your names on the reservation.   They/you would have 30 days to transfer to a TA if desired.

You could have them review this plan with the future cruise folks to make sure.  Of course your friends would need to front the deposit.

Thank you.  Very helpful.

Just one warning.   The new policy on the certificates is that if you don't book something within one year you loose your $200 deposit.    In the past it was refunded.

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just one warning.   The new policy on the certificates is that if you don't book something within one year you loose your $200 deposit.    In the past it was refunded.

Really?  Wow.   Is it no longer refundable at all?   Say I ask to get a refund at 6 months?