Suite Upgrade pricing

Hi, we recently upgraded our mini suite to a premium suite but we already had bids in for upgrades.  Do we need to do that again now that we have an upgraded room?  I want to give it a day or two, but im going to assume they will cancel our bids for anything below we we currently have??

Also, should the bids on the penthouse or owners suite bids go down given our current cruise cost has gone up quite a bit?

Thanks

I would cancel your current bid.  According to bidding rules, once accepted, it is AUTOMATICALLY charged to your credit card.  I wouldn't want to deal with trying to undo this.

I am not sure suite to suite bid.  But you could try to resubmit a new bid.

I cancelled them this morning then went back in to see if the offer amounts changed to give me better chances and they haven't yet.  But it also shows me being able to make offers on cabins below my current level so my guess is it hasn't updated with the new cabin info yet.  When i booked a few weeks ago, it took a little over 24 hours to be able to get into the system to make offers so my hope is that it will update by tomorrow and ill try again.

However, when we did upgrade last night, we got the highest that was still available, S5 so everything else above that may already be booked.  We are only about 2 months out from the cruise.

Thanks

7 hours ago, 20165 said:

I cancelled them this morning then went back in to see if the offer amounts changed to give me better chances and they haven't yet.  But it also shows me being able to make offers on cabins below my current level so my guess is it hasn't updated with the new cabin info yet.  When i booked a few weeks ago, it took a little over 24 hours to be able to get into the system to make offers so my hope is that it will update by tomorrow and ill try again.

However, when we did upgrade last night, we got the highest that was still available, S5 so everything else above that may already be booked.  We are only about 2 months out from the cruise.

Thanks

We are on the two Enchanted cruises right before you April 6 and April 13.  Keep us posted as I would be curious what kind of bid adjustment that they might make.

Enjoy your cruise.

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

We are on the two Enchanted cruises right before you April 6 and April 13.  Keep us posted as I would be curious what kind of bid adjustment that they might make.

Enjoy your cruise.

Wow, huge difference.  Example, the max bid to go from our current premium suite to a penthouse is $95 per person.  To go from ours to an owners suite max bid is $650pp.  I dont remember what they were prior to us upgrading our current room, but it was in the thousands.  Especially the owners, i think the max bid was like $2500pp.  

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 6:08 PM, 20165 said:

Hi, we recently upgraded our mini suite to a premium suite but we already had bids in for upgrades.  Do we need to do that again now that we have an upgraded room?  I want to give it a day or two, but im going to assume they will cancel our bids for anything below we we currently have??

Also, should the bids on the penthouse or owners suite bids go down given our current cruise cost has gone up quite a bit?

Thanks

Here's a link to my post regarding this exact topic from another thread. Hope it helps. 🙂 

7 hours ago, 20165 said:

Wow, huge difference.  Example, the max bid to go from our current premium suite to a penthouse is $95 per person.  To go from ours to an owners suite max bid is $650pp.  I don't remember what they were prior to us upgrading our current room, but it was in the thousands.  Especially the owners, i think the max bid was like $2500pp.  

It only makes sense that the more levels you are bidding up, the min bid will be much higher than if looking to bid up only one or two levels.

11 hours ago, rheathslc said:

Here's a link to my post regarding this exact topic from another thread. Hope it helps. 🙂 

Thank you, nice loooong read.  But what i didnt see, and admittedly didnt read all 83 pages verbatim, was how any upgrades are available if you cant currently book them.  For example, when i i called a couple days ago, i told them i wanted the highest suite level, with the exception of the sky suite... The best they could give me was the forward premium suite which i took, but how would anyone get upgraded above that given thats the highest level that was left when i booked?  I did put in a bid for the owners suite and penthouse aft facing, but it seem moot given you cant book them.  Am i missing something? 

20 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Thank you, nice loooong read.  But what i didnt see, and admittedly didnt read all 83 pages verbatim, was how any upgrades are available if you cant currently book them.  For example, when i i called a couple days ago, i told them i wanted the highest suite level, with the exception of the sky suite... The best they could give me was the forward premium suite which i took, but how would anyone get upgraded above that given thats the highest level that was left when i booked?  I did put in a bid for the owners suite and penthouse aft facing, but it seem moot given you cant book them.  Am i missing something? 

There are always last minute cancelations. So Princess is trying to maximize their potential revenue. Before the upgrade bid system some people would share stories of getting upgraded for nothing or very little at the last minute, sometimes even after boarding. This new system allows Princess to get every last possible dollar by knowing in advance those who are willing to pay for it.

With the new system People on totally sold out cruises sometimes - but admittedly not often - get notified a few days before the cruise that they finally got their upgrade bid accepted. So it's worth bidding if you're willing to part with the cash.

Since the Princess upgrade system started my philosophy has been to book a cabin category I know I'll be satisfied with (based on availability obviously) and then bid as much as I'm comfortable with for any cabins I would LIKE to have knowing I'll still be happy even if I don't get one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 20165 said:

Yes: if someone canels or there are rooms held back in inventory...

Sorry and duh, of course cancellations. I realized that shortly after posting my response...  Very happy with our current cabin, but we dont consider some of the cabins that we are allowed to upgrade to to be an upgrade to our current cabin.  At least in our opinion. Would rather keep our forward premium vs. a side penthouse.  However, we are interested in the aft penthouse so we are figuring out our new bids. 

thanks