Share holder benefit

crompton21

Used the app for a last minute just booked on Britannia... 4 days and applied has to be a new record (impressed) --- unlike the  "my dining" which still seems to be crashed..

Can you apply up to December? I have two before then and have been holding back thinking i needed to wait lol

7 minutes ago, ighten said:

Can you apply up to December?

Technically no, it’s meant to be after the balance has been paid, but I’ve applied for a November Cunard cruise and the OBC has been added!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ighten said:

Used the app for a last minute just booked on Britannia... 4 days and applied has to be a new record (impressed) --- unlike the  "my dining" which still seems to be crashed..

Can you apply up to December? I have two before then and have been holding back thinking i needed to wait lol

Yes. It’s been applied to our Dec cruise on Iona. Applied on the app yesterday, confirmed this morning and a new invoice from P&O arrived this afternoon. Impressive. 

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Yes. It’s been applied to our Dec cruise on Iona. Applied on the app yesterday, confirmed this morning and a new invoice from P&O arrived this afternoon. Impressive. 

We got ours applied for the December cruise, hopefully soon they will update the Dec 31st 2024 till 2025 end and we can apply for the January cruise.

Very impressed so far, set up a Stockperks account Tuesday and uploaded proof of shareholding. Email yesterday saying proof was accepted, another email today saying the onboard credit had been applied. Top stuff.

• Like 1

SO applied yesterday for Sep and Dec and ONE day later both are applied.. Not only that it was by 11.00am..

This is silky smooth compared to the previous system

• Like 1

Just to confirm with the app you 

1. Register

2. Upload proof of shares

3. Then 'Redeem perk' ?

Do you have to wait for them to acknowledge the proof of shareholding before 'redeeming perk'?

cheers

Just now, doog442 said:

Do you have to wait for them to acknowledge the proof of shareholding before 'redeeming perk'?

You will have to have the proof of shareholder approved before you will get an acknowledgement that you have your perk but there is nothing to stop you requesting your perk before the proof is approved.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Just to confirm with the app you 

1. Register

2. Upload proof of shares

3. Then 'Redeem perk' ?

cheers

Yes you do. I think when I did mine it took five days, two of them being a weekend. This was the message I got after registration;

Screenshot 2024-04-22 12.37.46.png

Edited by yorkshirephil

Posted (edited)

Once you have registered though, any other requests for future cruises are dealt with almost within hours. I can’t believe how easy it is now. 

Edited by sandancer
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Yes you do. I think when I did mine it took five days, two of them being a weekend. This was the message I got after registration;

Screenshot 2024-04-22 12.37.46.png

Cheers Phil, we had the same although they've extended their response period to three working days. 

Anyone else with Hargreaves Lansdown ? I've uploaded a very minimal PDF which is about the only thing I can directly access on their site with a date on it.

Edited by doog442

On 4/17/2024 at 6:52 PM, Selbourne said:

Technically no, it’s meant to be after the balance has been paid, but I’ve applied for a November Cunard cruise and the OBC has been added!

I get the impression that they will allow you to apply year by year. We have all our cruises sorted for this year and i get the impression that when they release next years you will be able to do them for the full year. That is my reading although it has not been stated.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, daiB said:

I get the impression that they will allow you to apply year by year. We have all our cruises sorted for this year and i get the impression that when they release next years you will be able to do them for the full year. That is my reading although it has not been stated.

Not disputing that may be the case but it really does not make sense. You could book several cruises at the start of the year, apply for your OBC and then sell your shares the next day.

25 minutes ago, david63 said:

Not disputing that may be the case but it really does not make sense. You could book several cruises at the start of the year, apply for your OBC and then sell your shares the next day.

I think there’s always been the risk of people selling their shares once the OBC has been applied, but prior to the cruise. I’ve not tested it personally, as my shares have appreciated in value by 50% since I bought them and, on top of that, I’ve had about 150% of the outlay back in OBC in less than a year, but given how poor the IT systems are that Carnival use I have no doubt that this would be possible. 

40 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I think there’s always been the risk of people selling their shares once the OBC has been applied, but prior to the cruise. I’ve not tested it personally, as my shares have appreciated in value by 50% since I bought them and, on top of that, I’ve had about 150% of the outlay back in OBC in less than a year, but given how poor the IT systems are that Carnival use I have no doubt that this would be possible. 

There was a thread long ago where someone asked the question about buying shares getting OBC applied for the year and then selling them. I did a quick search but can't find it. 

Carnival must not have been too worried about it or they would have reverted back to 90 days/balance payment. Maybe they think that if people have the extra OBC they are a bit less likely to cancel? Not sure how the stocksperk app will monitor this going forward or whether it is even in their remit?

3 hours ago, doog442 said:

Cheers Phil, we had the same although they've extended their response period to three working days. 

Anyone else with Hargreaves Lansdown ? I've uploaded a very minimal PDF which is about the only thing I can directly access on their site with a date on it.

Hi yes I'm with HL too and found the most difficult part of the whole Stockperks registration etc being the finding dated proof of my shareholding! 

After that it was all very plain sailing and much easier than I anticipated.

I've applied and had Shareholder Benefit obs applied for our 5 future cruises this year (4 P & O, 1 Cunard).

It really was all very straightforward and if I can do it anyone can! 

Good luck

Julie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, david63 said:

As I understand Carnival will know when you sell your shares and your OBC will be stopped.

On 4/17/2024 at 6:52 PM, Selbourne said:

Same here for Cunard near Christmas! 🎅 

44 minutes ago, daiB said:

As I understand Carnival will know when you sell your shares and your OBC will be stopped.

Not sure how they will in my case as they have been bought through a shares ISA so there is nothing in my name.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, david63 said:

Not sure how they will in my case as they have been bought through a shares ISA so there is nothing in my name.

If you have set up the stockperks app and redeemed your perk that way, then I guess they will know, and probably they have a way of tracking if you are still holding the shares. If not how are they able to validate each new redemption without getting you to provide fresh documentation each time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If not how are they able to validate each new redemption without getting you to provide fresh documentation each time.

That remains to be seen but I am guessing that I will have to submit a new statement for each claim.

11 minutes ago, david63 said:

That remains to be seen but I am guessing that I will have to submit a new statement for each claim.

I would assume the same. I’ve no idea who knows what, but my guess would be that if Carnival had a way of knowing whether or not people were still shareholders they wouldn’t be paying to use the services of StockPerks. After all, Carnival still have to do the work in applying the OBC, so the only way in which StockPerks could save them time is by verifying shareholdings. 

20 minutes ago, david63 said:

No, you only submit a statement once. I’ve been granted obc on two cruises. One Princess, one P&O. Only had to submit a statement for the first one. Just go to PERKS on the app and choose which cruise line, fill in the booking ref etc and a few hours later the second one was granted. Same day had an email from P&O confirming the obc. 

3 minutes ago, sandancer said:

No, you only submit a statement once. I’ve been granted obc on two cruises. One Princess, one P&O. Only had to submit a statement for the first one. Just go to PERKS on the app and choose which cruise line, fill in the booking ref etc and a few hours later the second one was granted. Same day had an email from P&O confirming the obc. 

But presumably you applied for both within a fairly short period, which wouldn’t necessitate having to prove the shareholding twice? The interesting thing will be applying for OBC for another cruise say 6 or 12 months after providing the proof of shareholding. I’m not sure if this service has been going long enough to know, but I’d expect to be asked to confirm shareholding again.