Share holder benefit

crompton21

38 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Silly question probably.

If we are shareholders shouldn't we get the chance to vote on things like we do with any shares we hold in banks etc? I've never had a list of resolutions to vote on sent to me in the 6 years I have had shares 

It all depends on where and how your shares are held.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Silly question probably.

If we are shareholders shouldn't we get the chance to vote on things like we do with any shares we hold in banks etc? I've never had a list of resolutions to vote on sent to me in the 6 years I have had shares 

Your stockbroker should have emailed you giving details of how you can vote in the AGM.

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

I received my proof of purchase letter from Equiniti today and have uploaded a redacted version of it to Stockperks. I suspect it may not work as when i uploaded the image it only included the central portion of the page  with the date and the Equiniti details missing.... just received an email fom Stockperks, they will respond within 2 working days. Probably to say try again?

Mine looked as though it hadn't shown the full image either dave but it went through OK! 

I've since had two messages from P&O acknowledging my application and directing me to Stockperks when I've already had the updated booking confirmation with the obc credited.  😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Your stockbroker should have emailed you giving details of how you can vote in the AGM.

No I have never had anything . My shares are held with a company that lots of people hold theirs with. 

I sent off for my OBC for a Princess cruise on Tuesday afternoon just by email as we always used to and got a notification on Thursday saying it had been added. 

Edited by amajaa

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Hils62 said:

Good news  Looks like Shareholder's benefit is being extended to 31/12/24 

https://www.pocruises.com/help/shareholder-benefits 

Does sound very hopeful, thanks for sharing,  but having just gone to the Carnival Corporation Website, I found it still brings up the same document from last year which details the benefit information, including that:-

"The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2024........."

I think I have a general distrust of the P&O website, which made me search further for some strange reason......  

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, tring said:

Does sound very hopeful, thanks for sharing,  but having just gone to the Carnival Corporation Website, I found it still brings up the same document from last year which details the benefit information, including that:-

"The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2024........."

I think I have a general distrust of the P&O website, which made me search further for some strange reason......  

Agree about P&O website, however it is encouraging that this new information has been posted. The Carnival corp website has been known to not be updated after new information has become available.

• Thanks 1

Does seem reasonably straightforward now that it has been updated on the site .It states 90 days before your cruise so will now wait till that date arrives in future although I jumped the gun on my May cruise using stockperks but they added at approx 105 days .

I've never known it being extended to December before, does that mean they might publish something saying after December it will finish I wonder. It's just unusual not to renew for a whole year.

16 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I've never known it being extended to December before, does that mean they might publish something saying after December it will finish I wonder. It's just unusual not to renew for a whole year.

We are thinking they may well have taken on a one year contract with Stockperks that covers the calendar year.  So could be to do with that, which would need renewing at a later date.  Just a thought.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tring said:

We are thinking they may well have taken on a one year contract with Stockperks that covers the calendar year.  So could be to do with that, which would need renewing at a later date.  Just a thought.

Good thinking

Once I had got a letter from the firm holding my shares I found the App works well, very easy and once set up you only input you cruise number and date the cruise starts.

Saves having to write a new email with all my details.

Of course the real test is when I get the OBC on the ship.

1 hour ago, tring said:

My two bobs looking safer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CCFC said:

But we are going January 2025! 😔

I would wait until the Carnival website updates the shareholder info, it may well say up to 31st July 2025. I treat the info on the P&O website with a degree of scepticism.

3 hours ago, CCFC said:

But we are going January 2025! 😔

By the time you can apply for your OBC approx three months before your cruise then things should be clearer. We are also going Jan 2025.

On 3/3/2024 at 11:38 AM, daiB said:

Once I had got a letter from the firm holding my shares I found the App works well, very easy and once set up you only input you cruise number and date the cruise starts.

Saves having to write a new email with all my details.

Of course the real test is when I get the OBC on the ship.

Email this afternoon to say our OBC has been applied to our 2 cruises.

Canny like.

Now its set up it is a very easy process. 

11 minutes ago, Hils62 said:

Carnival website is now updated and confirms shareholder benefits to 31/12/24

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

Thanks for posting, I have been checking. As someone recently suggested they are running from December to December as opposed to July to July. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2024 at 5:42 PM, kruzseeka said:

Mine looked as though it hadn't shown the full image either dave but it went through OK! 

I've since had two messages from P&O acknowledging my application and directing me to Stockperks when I've already had the updated booking confirmation with the obc credited.  😏

Just had confirmation from Stockperks that my Equiniti holding has been validated 🙂

The final balance is not due until the end of April so no point in applying for my Arcadia cruise credit until then.

• Like 1

Previous years have had a book by and sail by date. This seems just to have a sail by date. I can see how this streamlines the process but makes me wonder what the timings for any renewal will be for next year.

Definitely think the alignment to the calendar year is to do with a contract for the administration via the app. 

16 hours ago, davecttr said:

Just had confirmation from Stockperks that my Equiniti holding has been validated 🙂

The final balance is not due until the end of April so no point in applying for my Arcadia cruise credit until then.

Well, well, well!!! 

Following our discussion, yesterday I booked an October cruise (actually it was a swap from another one) and thought I'd give the Stockperks thing a whirl. I already had the App so just had to give the booking ref, date of sailing, name and email and got an acknowledgement immediately saying 'Congratulations...... your request has been successfully submitted' timed at 13.21.   At 14.59 I got a further communication saying £150 had been applied to my reservation.  At 15.03 I got the updated Booking Confirmation from P&O!   

Impressed!  No need to send in a new redacted share holding statement, and couldn't have been much quicker.  Won't work for cruises in 2025 but I was pleased to be able to tick it off along with car parking (booked within a couple of hours of the cruise booking although they suggested waiting 72 hours)  So associated booking admin now done! 

Clearly the 90 day requirement of the past doesn't apply so it seems you could do your Arcadia cruise if you wish.  

Big improvement on before.  

37 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Well, well, well!!! 

Following our discussion, yesterday I booked an October cruise (actually it was a swap from another one) and thought I'd give the Stockperks thing a whirl. I already had the App so just had to give the booking ref, date of sailing, name and email and got an acknowledgement immediately saying 'Congratulations...... your request has been successfully submitted' timed at 13.21.   At 14.59 I got a further communication saying £150 had been applied to my reservation.  At 15.03 I got the updated Booking Confirmation from P&O!   

Impressed!  No need to send in a new redacted share holding statement, and couldn't have been much quicker.  Won't work for cruises in 2025 but I was pleased to be able to tick it off along with car parking (booked within a couple of hours of the cruise booking although they suggested waiting 72 hours)  So associated booking admin now done! 

Clearly the 90 day requirement of the past doesn't apply so it seems you could do your Arcadia cruise if you wish.  

I will try it now

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Well, well, well!!! 

Thanks for the update, I applied via the stocksperk app less than an hour ago for my Dec 2024 cruise and have just had it confirmed that OBC has been added, so much for 90 days. I have also applied for a Princess cruise in Sept 2024.

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Thanks 1