For those who have booked Simply More excursions

Tsunami74

We have $300 each in Simply More excursion credits.

A possible 3 excursions we picked would add up to $320.75

Can we just pay the $20.75 that is over?  Or use OBC?

Or do we have to somehow only choose excursions that add up to less than $300 each?

4 minutes ago, Tsunami74 said:

Or do we have to somehow only choose excursions that add up to less than $300 each?

You just pay the additional amount when you book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tsunami74 said:

Yes, you just pay the difference. Also, don’t forget that you can get 25% discount on all tours that you booked if you choose certain amount of excursions specified for your cruise.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, osandomir said:

Yes, you just pay the difference. Also, don’t forget that you can get 25% discount on all tours that you booked if you choose certain amount of excursions specified for your cruise.

Yes it pays to do the maths. For our upcoming cruise it was cheaper to do 6 excursions (the minimum for the 25% discount) than to do 4 .(2 of which were pretty expensive ones)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tsunami74 said:

Do you know it you can use on board credit for this?

Yes, you can use any shipboard credit from Oceania that you have. But I think that the credit from your TA only can be used onboard. You will see a total credit amount available to you on your online account when you start booking your excursions online. I’d suggest that you better call Oceania to complete the booking and make a payment if needed to confirm that the applicable discounts are applied.

31 minutes ago, Tsunami74 said:

Do you know it you can use on board credit for this?

Yes.

Recently I booked a number of excursions .

The online system uses, in order:

1. SM credits,

2. Other SBC showing in your account;

3. Cash.

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, airhose said:

How do you find out how many excursions are needed for the discount?   I didn't notice anything when I booked ours, for a 10 day cruise.

It’s stated under “manage your booking” on your online account when you get to the page “Book your shore excursions”.

50 minutes ago, osandomir said:

It’s stated under “manage your booking” on your online account when you get to the page “Book your shore excursions”.

1 hour ago, airhose said:

How do you find out how many excursions are needed for the discount?   I didn't notice anything when I booked ours, for a 10 day cruise.

Or if you have not set up an online account it will be noted on the shore excursion pdf.  Also, the number required is based on the number of port days, not the length of the cruise unless of course, you have no days at sea.  

Always, always call OceanIa to book excursions directly with them.  We are in a 51 day on Marina now and some people are telling us they booked on line, paid for what SM didn't cover but found no reservations when they boarded the ship. Some disappointed people who now think SM is a Simply Misleading if there are no available excursions to book.

Lots of excursions sold out weeks or months before they even booked and they feel they should have been told or they should be able to use their shore excursion credit as a shipboard credit.  We booked and paid the difference 6 months ago or more and we were able to get pretty much what we wanted.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, islabahia said:

We booked our excursions December 2023 for our November 2024 cruise.  Availability was good.

Just booked excursions last week for an October 2024 cruise and also experienced the same. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We just finished booking our excursions for a Riviera B2B2B OCT/NOV 24 and all excursions were available except for first day in Istanbul and a chef led tour in Marseilles. The comprehensive all day Istanbul was full.  We already have booked a private 2 day tour so did not matter,  There were 15 other excursions available in Istanbul so plenty of choices.

As with all other important paperwork, we always take a copy of our pre-booked and paid for excursions with us.  I have found some people are unaware that just putting an excursion in your "cart" does not actually complete the process.  You actually have to "check out" to book the excursion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, islabahia said:

We booked our excursions December 2023 for our November 2024 cruise.  Availability was good.

Same with ours. Sept.booking, July cruise.

11 hours ago, Sebbiesgrammy said:

some people are telling us they booked on line, paid for what SM didn't cover but found no reservations when they boarded the ship

43 minutes ago, basor said:

We just finished booking our excursions for a Riviera B2B2B OCT/NOV 24 and all excursions were available except for first day in Istanbul and a chef led tour in Marseilles. The comprehensive all day Istanbul was full.  We already have booked a private 2 day tour so did not matter,  There were 15 other excursions available in Istanbul so plenty of choices.

As with all other important paperwork, we always take a copy of our pre-booked and paid for excursions with us.  I have found some people are unaware that just putting an excursion in your "cart" does not actually complete the process.  You actually have to "check out" to book the excursion.

The key is that they are saying they PAID for what SM didn't cover, and still didn't have the tours. Something sounds off. I've had my times adjusted from what I selected, but never no reservations for tours that I booked. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

The key is that they are saying they PAID for what SM didn't cover, and still didn't have the tours. Something sounds off. I've had my times adjusted from what I selected, but never no reservations for tours that I booked. 

yes - it is easy to check as they can just go go their final cruise summary email and there will be a pdf of the shore excursions they confirmed and paid for...if all of them are there, go and print off and take to Destination Services.  

Sometimes, what people say and what actually occurred are bit different due to misunderstanding of procedure....

• Like 4

11 hours ago, basor said:

Basor, please tell me the company with whom you booked your 2 day Istanbul private tour. I’ll be there 3 days prior to Vista 8/2 (hopefully) & am looking to book a private tour for the 3 of us.

TIA-Linda

I've just completed booking excursions for our Vista Trieste to Athens cruise beginning June 1 . This was a replacement for a cancelled Insignia cruise for which I had booked excursions months ago. I booked 6 ( minimum for the discount .. It was cheaper than booking the 4 I really wanted ) and I had no problem getting all but 1 that I that I chose so it's definitely not always the way that excursions are sold out.  

• Like 1

The SM credit enabled us to book 3 excursions each but to get the discount would have to book 10 excursions each. The cost of paying for an additional 14  ship excursions would be astronomical and certainly does not offset the total savings provided buy 25% discount.

Yes for our cruise the minimum was 6 . The credit paid only for one (expensive excursion) . It does pay you do the maths though as I wouldn't have believed it would be cheaper to do 6 than 4 ( one of the extras was quite a relatively inexpensive one though)

We were required 8 excursions for our SM 25% to kick in. Had our TA make them. We tend to stick with $100 range excursions anyway….and we are pleased. Only sold out- unavailable was Liverpool Beatles tour. No worries…we’ll get a private tour. 

• Like 3