USD placeholder being transferred to CAD TA. HELP!!!

Blondiemomm

Hello!

I have a client living in the USA (not Florida) who put the $300 down for a placeholder. I called VV and requested them to transfer the placeholder to my CAD agency so I could process his booking in USD. The agent told me he could not transfer the placeholder to my agency because the placeholder is in USD and my agency is listed as CAD. Anyone have this experience?

Thank you!!

We have, but the opposite way. We bought CAD placeholders and wanted to use a US agent. It's pretty much impossible. The only way I can "see" it working, (note we only realized it after) is if the trip is NOT yet booked, send your clients the direct booking link. And they can book it themselves. Then it will be connected.

Otherwise, it is rare that US can book CAD or vise versa as agents can have only one primary currency.

19 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

We have, but the opposite way. We bought CAD placeholders and wanted to use a US agent. It's pretty much impossible. The only way I can "see" it working, (note we only realized it after) is if the trip is NOT yet booked, send your clients the direct booking link. And they can book it themselves. Then it will be connected.

Otherwise, it is rare that US can book CAD or vise versa as agents can have only one primary currency.

Have you gotten this to work? I tried to book on my own using my US TA’s link and could not change it to CAD. 

3 hours ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Have you gotten this to work? I tried to book on my own using my US TA’s link and could not change it to CAD. 

Up in the website address bar click it an you can manually change the USD to CAD or whatever currency you want.

We learned it is just SOOO much easier to buy placeholders in USD. We've worked with CAD TAs and USD TAs and the US ones are so much better in terms of providing extra vs Canadians. But who know what the future holds as Virgin is switching things up .

PS. We are Canadians! And got 2x the loot booking with a US TA than with a Canadian 

It is possible either way, but it is rare. The key is that the agency is set up with Virgin to accept currencies other than the one the agency is in.

Just a few US agencies are set up to work with non-US  currencies. Therefore, most of the time this request will be turned down. Before custombers try doing this they should have the agency in question verify with Virgin that they can do it. This is kind of reverse, but I imagine it is true in reverse for Canadian agencies.

And it goes much smoother with a new booking than if trying to transfer an existing booking.

Edited by Gretchendz

Posted (edited)

Update, currently on Valiant Lady, and we can NOT used our CAD placeholder with our US agent.  They are not set-up for CAD.

So we will have to hold on to our CAD placeholder till there is decent sale and use a CA agent.... Booooo.

This is a PRE change Placeholder, so will also have a PIF discount.

Never again using CAD as a Canadian.

Edited by -The-True-North-

3 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

Update, currently on Valiant Lady, and we can NOT used our CAD placeholder with our US agent.  They are not set-up for CAD.

So we will have to hold on to our CAD placeholder till there is decent sale and use a CA agent.... Booooo.

This is a PRE change Placeholder, so will also have a PIF discount.

Never again using CAD as a Canadian.

Oh, that's bad. There are some US Virgin agents set up to do business in other currencies, so it is still possible to use a U.S. agent.  

• Thanks 1