Need Advice Move Up & Guarantee

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

I need your advice.  We booked the last available cabin on Valentines Day (it was my gift from hubby), but it was through bluechip which only gave us a concierge cabin comp.  Since there were no verandahs of any kind available, I took the Oceanview guarantee cabin.  I realize it can be anywhere on the ship but to be honest, the most important thing was to be on this April 27th sailing, for 8 nights on the Beyond going to Aruba.

My question, I just received a move up on this sailing, do I bid for a move up or take my chances blue chip may upgrade us anyways?  If I don't get an upgrade it be a new experience trying out an Oceanview stateroom, any advice?  Has anybody had a guarantee stateroom with blue chip and what happened?  Thank you.

The chances of being upgraded from a guarantee are very slim.    You will have a better chance bidding.    The way the moveup works is that each Win frees up a waterfall of room upgrades or free up guarantee cabins that may have been overbooked.

There is also a good chance that the guarantee is also a cabin that has been allocated to a TA for Group Bookings and will be returned to inventory if not sold by a specific date.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The chances of being upgraded from a guarantee are very slim.    You will have a better chance bidding.    The way the moveup works is that each Win frees up a waterfall of room upgrades or free up guarantee cabins that may have been overbooked.

There is also a good chance that the guarantee is also a cabin that has been allocated to a TA for Group Bookings and will be returned to inventory if not sold by a specific date.

Chances of a comped upgrade on that cruise is very slim. Even a MoveUp bid may take an aggressive offer. Inventory unsold by TA’s was returned to Celebrity a long time ago. It’s simply a full house on that one. 

10 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Chances of a comped upgrade on that cruise is very slim. Even a MoveUp bid may take an aggressive offer. Inventory unsold by TA’s was returned to Celebrity a long time ago. It’s simply a full house on that one. 

Last year our move up bids to aqua were successful and were at a minimum offer for them.  People are booked under guarantee basis such as myself.  I been watching some "openings" this past week for guarantee basis, which means that they keep open a certain amount of cabins.  Perhaps these cabins are the ones that were returned from travel agents back to Celebrity?

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Last year our move up bids to aqua were successful and were at a minimum offer for them.  People are booked under guarantee basis such as myself.  I been watching some "openings" this past week for guarantee basis, which means that they keep open a certain amount of cabins.  Perhaps these cabins are the ones that were returned from travel agents back to Celebrity?

They do not just release a few cabins here and there. The inventory, not specific cabins, allocated to TA's would have been given up by the end of December at the very latest. 

9 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

They do not just release a few cabins here and there. The inventory, not specific cabins, allocated to TA's would have been given up by the end of December at the very latest. 

They will have to have cabins available to assign those such as myself in guarantee cabins.  Nobody knows how they operate actually.  I booked with blue chip and its possible blue chip holds their own rooms.