Accessible cabin with adjoining room?

My father is disabled and requires full time help of an aide.  He has always been an avid cruiser and would like to take a trip, bringing his aide with him.  Does anyone know of cruise lines that have adjoining rooms with accessible cabins?  They do not want to share a room, but his aide needs to be in close proximity in case he needs help during the night.  Anyone have experience with this or suggestions?

On 2/27/2024 at 5:35 PM, garnet115 said:

My father is disabled and requires full time help of an aide.  He has always been an avid cruiser and would like to take a trip, bringing his aide with him.  Does anyone know of cruise lines that have adjoining rooms with accessible cabins?  They do not want to share a room, but his aide needs to be in close proximity in case he needs help during the night.  Anyone have experience with this or suggestions?

Very sensible suggestion. Hope the cruise lines take note of this. I travelled with my disabled husband and my brother accompanied to help me care. We shared the large accessible mini suite on Princess and opted for Princess plus benefits. In all the accessible suites we booked when caring for my late husband I never remember any with adjoining door indicating your request. The design of ships is improving for accessibility but it needs to be designed at planning stage by a person in such situation

• Like 1