Navigator of the Seas - current drydock status and 1st cruise back

We're booked on the April 12th sailing of Navigator OTS out of Los Angeles. The ship is currently in a scheduled dry-dock and this cruise is the 1st one upon the ships scheduled return to sailing.

As of 3 days ago, it looked like there were approx 200 available cabins (including all categories) I know because we've been stalking the website because of our Royal Up bids!! Anyway - as of this morning, this cruise no longer shows up on the website AT ALL. I think it's pretty unlikely that it sold out in 3 days.

The only explanations i can come up with are either A) the website is messed up and it will correct itself any minute or B) some delays are becoming evident in the drydock and they're anticipating having to cancel this cruise....??? I hope this is not the case, but wonder if anyone else has any info?

Am i just being paranoid? We've never had a cruise cancelled, but we've also never booked the 1st one out of drydock and i know these things happen some times.

I've been on ships just out of dry dock, and have had problems with no hot water in the showers mostly, including 7 nights going to Hawaii with just lukewarm water. Then they have to sail in circles after leaving port the first time in order to recalibrate a gyrocompass that's a backup form of navigation. BTW, if you sail out of LA, they just put up a season of 2-6 night Mexico cruises on Quantum from Oct 25-Apr 26, instead of going to Oz after the Alaska season. I just booked 5 of them, since the inside studios are affordable for me as a solo, and Princess, HAL, and NCL to Mexico now are out of my affordability zone. I'm trying Carnival Firenze in October, but I had so much fun on Ovation in Alaska after restart (especially at 30% occupancy), that I think Quantum is the ideal ship for Cabo trips, with lots to do, inside and out. I couldn't believe that after the first post-Alaska season after restart, RC let Ovation sit idle off of Mexico while Oz/NZ were closed, instead of doing Mexico cruises. Hopefully they'll keep Ovation, Quantum, or Anthem in Mexico going forward in between Alaska seasons, as an alternative to 3-4 night Navigator sailings and to somewhat balance out the incredible number of newer ships filling the Caribbean. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rj59 said:

I've been on ships just out of dry dock, and have had problems with no hot water in the showers mostly, including 7 nights going to Hawaii with just lukewarm water. Then they have to sail in circles after leaving port the first time in order to recalibrate a gyrocompass that's a backup form of navigation. BTW, if you sail out of LA, they just put up a season of 2-6 night Mexico cruises on Quantum from Oct 25-Apr 26, instead of going to Oz after the Alaska season. I just booked 5 of them, since the inside studios are affordable for me as a solo, and Princess, HAL, and NCL to Mexico now are out of my affordability zone. I'm trying Carnival Firenze in October, but I had so much fun on Ovation in Alaska after restart (especially at 30% occupancy), that I think Quantum is the ideal ship for Cabo trips, with lots to do, inside and out. I couldn't believe that after the first post-Alaska season after restart, RC let Ovation sit idle off of Mexico while Oz/NZ were closed, instead of doing Mexico cruises. Hopefully they'll keep Ovation, Quantum, or Anthem in Mexico going forward in between Alaska seasons, as an alternative to 3-4 night Navigator sailings and to somewhat balance out the incredible number of newer ships filling the Caribbean. 

The good news for us is that this cruise now shows up again on the website! SO, hopefully it was just a glitch in their system and we're back on track!

Now i have to worry about no hot water - what have you done to me?!?! 🙂 That would NOT be good....let's hope they have everything worked out before we board.

Interesting that you're going to have so many ships/choices sailing out of LA. This is our first west coast cruise out of LA, so we're looking forward to a new ship and itinerary for us. We live in TX so often sail out of Galveston but usually fly to Florida.

We still occasionally do a Carnival cruise (usually because of the itinerary) so hope you enjoy your Firenze cruise. We've done Alaska twice on Carnival ships.

I pretty much love every ship I'm on, anywhere and anytime! Haven't had a BAD one yet....although definitely can rate some better than others!

We too are on the April 12 sailing! We booked just a few weeks ago, only realizing after the fact that it was the first one back after a drydock! Hoping for the best! (Upside, maybe some new carpeting or something??)

If you'd like to track Navigator's progress back from Singapore (I know I will be), use this link. Unlike a lot of ship tracking sites, this one seems to have access to the satellite AIS data which is obviously key to tracking the trans-Atlantic/Pacific positions:

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Navigator-Of-The-Seas-704?tab=itinerary#itinerary

Also, was wondering where you saw 200 cabins available. When we booked there were only a few left and as of today (at least for balconies) only guarantees are available, so I bet it's pretty close to being sold out. Just something to give you comfort, maybe, if it disappears from the site again!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, br111 said:

We too are on the April 12 sailing! We booked just a few weeks ago, only realizing after the fact that it was the first one back after a drydock! Hoping for the best! (Upside, maybe some new carpeting or something??)

If you'd like to track Navigator's progress back from Singapore (I know I will be), use this link. Unlike a lot of ship tracking sites, this one seems to have access to the satellite AIS data which is obviously key to tracking the trans-Atlantic/Pacific positions:

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Navigator-Of-The-Seas-704?tab=itinerary#itinerary

Also, was wondering where you saw 200 cabins available. When we booked there were only a few left and as of today (at least for balconies) only guarantees are available, so I bet it's pretty close to being sold out. Just something to give you comfort, maybe, if it disappears from the site again!

A couple of weeks ago there were a lot of cabins in all categories. So, they must have sold a bunch and now getting pretty full!

We were on the Navigator 2 October's ago, and she was beautiful! I can't imagine after dry dock. We sail on her again in May and can't wait to see her 🙂

• Like 1

Also, instead of sailing straight to Singapore for the dry dock, Navigator first stopped in South Korea.  Anyone know why?  Seems like a lot of non revenue sailing for a dry dock.

• 3 weeks later...