Is check-in day in Eastern time?

dlh015

I know I've seen this in a thread or two but now I can't find it...I remember Jim made it clear...but I'm at a loss now.

Is it available after midnight eastern time? Or pacific time?

Apologies for the bother...🙃

Thanks! 

It is the timezone of the port of departure.    I just checked in for a Cruise out of Sydney and it opened at 5:01 AM Pacific the day 45 days in advance Sydney date (date line).     Celebrity had a problem with the date line and the App and Websites were one day different.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

But most cruise lines ship check in's have a number of check in times available with 100's of passengers that can fill each one.  It's not like checking in to Southwest Airlines - you don't have to hit the first minute of check in window to secure your preferred time.  There will be desirable slots available for days, and enough slots open at some point to accommodate all passengers, regardless of when they check in.  Relax and don't panic.  We have done it numerous times - often several days after check in opened - and had several desirable (early) time slots available.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I agree that first slots can sometimes stay available for a number of days but on our Solstice April Cruise -   earliest times available was 12:00 -    The 12:00 slot was gone after about 8 hours and the 12:30 was gone by the next day.    May be due to this cruise being a 6:30 departure and checkin times going as late as 5:00 PM

14 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

But most cruise lines ship check in's have a number of check in times available with 100's of passengers that can fill each one.  It's not like checking in to Southwest Airlines - you don't have to hit the first minute of check in window to secure your preferred time.  There will be desirable slots available for days, and enough slots open at some point to accommodate all passengers, regardless of when they check in.  Relax and don't panic.  We have done it numerous times - often several days after check in opened - and had several desirable (early) time slots available.

Thanks, I know you meant well but I've cruised more than a few times, even with X. I am traveling in a suite so I don't need to get an early slot. But our friends who are not in a suite and live in London wanted to know because they will need to check out of their hotel pretty early and don't want to hang around in the terminal.

I really didn't remember when check-in opened up so didn't want to give them bogus info. I passed along the info as well as your observations about slot availability. Lol...they really don't want to leave anything to chance!

I'm sure they will be fine...

1 hour ago, dlh015 said:

I really didn't remember when check-in opened up so didn't want to give them bogus info. I passed along the info as well as your observations about slot availability. Lol...they really don't want to leave anything to chance!

I'm sure they will be fine...

I understand completely.  Just passing on our experience with RCCL / Celebrity since they started the check in slot thing.  Earlier on it was a bit more frantic, but not so in the recent couple of years.  All I was trying to convey is that it is not necessary to stand guard at your computer (or phone) to be the first to hit the queue when the check in opens.

But, again, I understand your motives.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 9:44 PM, Jim_Iain said:

It is the timezone of the port of departure.    I just checked in for a Cruise out of Sydney and it opened at 5:01 AM Pacific the day 45 days in advance Sydney date (date line).     Celebrity had a problem with the date line and the App and Websites were one day different.  

I just checked in for my cruise from Athens. It opened up at 12am  March 1~Athen's time. Thanks for your post. I was able to secure an 11;30 spot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, read2learn said:

I just checked in for my cruise from Athens. It opened up at 12am  March 1~Athen's time. Thanks for your post. I was able to secure an 11;30 spot.

Happy it worked out for you.

Now --- 45 day count down begins.

13 hours ago, read2learn said:

Do they really check your time slot anymore?  I can't recall being asked for the past couple of years.