Apex/Edge class adjoining cabins

madmedic

We booked late for a cruise with my parents.and the only suitable cabin near the elevators was an adjoining cabin, 8169. I can't find anything on the spreadsheet regarding this cabin. Has anyone sailed in it or can comment on the the potential noise issue?

3 hours ago, madmedic said:

We booked late for a cruise with my parents.and the only suitable cabin near the elevators was an adjoining cabin, 8169. I can't find anything on the spreadsheet regarding this cabin. Has anyone sailed in it or can comment on the the potential noise issue?

If you are referring to elevator noise, don’t worry at all about it, you will not hear anything.  They are around the corner from the landing to the cabin hallway.  On my Edge 14 days cruise I never heard anything.

We have cruised in an adjoining cabin on Apex.  We were in a regular IV stateroom on deck 9. The connecting door was just inside the cabin opposite the bathroom door.  We never opened the door and did not know the occupants of the adjoining cabin.  I don't recall hearing more sound from the adjoining cabin than I might hear from any adjacent, non-adjoining cabin on other ships.

We were reluctant to book an adjoining cabin, but in the end we didn't find it to be a detractor at all.  Obviously that might change if your neighbors are extra rowdy....

On 2/28/2024 at 1:28 PM, madmedic said:

Of course it is all dependent on your neighbors.  I've been in adjoining and never heard a peep from the young honeymooning couple next door.

Thank you for all the input. From what I gather there is no particular noise concern with that cabin but it's all dependent on whether there are party animals next door.